I wish to get Home assistant to running from large drive 8TB

I would like to get Home assitant to run from a large drive, as I can have my media for Plex on that drive. I have tried to clone my existing installation to this new disc, I hav tried to make a complete new installation, but it will not boot from this disc.

Is there any issues with HA OS and very large drives ?
Or is it possible to mount this drive as an second disc as it’s done in a plain linux installation ?

You can mount it as a second disk if it is on the same system, or if you are using docker you can mount it as a local folder in the installation

It’s on the same system, I just need some guidance how to do this.

The method will depend on how the system is configured, the more details the better

Ok, My system are a NUC homeassitant operation system setup on a standard intel i3 , intel B460 chipset, 16GB Ram, a 240GB SSD with the system on connected on SATA port 0, the empty 8TB disc is on SATA 1.

I have already set up the dist in one partition with ext4 filesystem, it shows up as sdb1 in the /dev catalog.

So I need to now how to get this mapped up either in the /media or /share catalog.

using /media or /share is highly NOT recommended, that is generally for removable media. You want to use fstab to set up a static mount point, something line:

/dev/sdb1		/mnt/plex		ext4   defaults,nodiratime,noatime			0		2

When I edit the fstab i can find in the Teminal addon, it’s not there after an reboot.

When I edit the fstab in the OS, it’s surviving a rebboot, but I can’t find the mount point anywhere in the file system

What I after is to have all my media files on sdb1, not on sda. due to aviable space. both files for the inbuild mediaplayer and the plex server, and all should accessable throu samba so I easily moves files to this plex server from other computers on my network

you need to have an empty folder called plex in /mnt for it to mount

I will try this

It mounts ok, but when I do the next system update, all this is lost. The exception is catalogs under media or share, there the remain after update.

a system update is tampering with the root file system and fstab file???

So far that I can find out, it does that.
It goes back to default setup.

I’m trying to find out more regarding how reliable mount extra storing space for media files on HA.

You can use the samba nas & plex with nas addon