iCloud3 v3 iDevice Tracker - Version 3 Prerelease version is now available

I tried to add the Event Log card, but I cannot make it work.

Here is the location of the .js file:

I added to the Dashboard resources as JavaScript module:

And here is the error when creating card:

How to correct this?

Possibly you are using the www/community directory for storing custom cards. In that case add following line to config_ic3.yaml:
event_log_card_directory: www/community

Apparently, this is how to fix it. Simply remove the indentation.
Probably the documentation needs to be updated.

I’ve attempted to install this component. I appreciate the time and effort you’ve taken to create it but quite frankly, your instructions to install and setup are not very good.
It’s very difficult to follow them and they do not flow very well with all the notes interwoven within the instructions. I would strongly recommend you structure them so they are easy to follow in a step-by-step method.
I consider myself to be very computer literate and have never had any problems with any other aspects of HA. I sincerely do not mean this to be disrespectful only constructive.

Robert

@rob0225 Yes, those instructions are out of date and there have been many changes to HA since they were written. iCloud3 v3 beta was released 3 weeks ago. It is a complete and is a true HA integration with many new features. It’s looking pretty good and hope to expand the people that are trying it in a few weeks.

iCloud3 documentation is here if you want to take a look at it.

1 Like

By any chance, is there anything in iCloud3 that defines “iphone_stationary”? For unknown reason my Android phone was tracked as “iphone_stationary”, while my iPhone was “Stationary”. This happened several times, which I can’t think what could cause it.

I posted a thread here. Please if you might know something.

@HA_n00b The iCloud3 custom_component creates a Stationary zone when the device has been in the same location without moving for a period of time. The ios app picks up it’s location and also puts it in the zone. The purpose is to save battery life by requesting the devices location fewer times. Expecially when close to home.

It appears the Android app also gets the Stationary and puts those devices in it too. You can disable the iCloud3 stationary zone by adding the stationary_still_time: 99999 parameter to the configuration.

Thanks, I will try that. I’m just wondering why the Android tracker uses “iphone_stationary”, that’s weird isn’t it. I won’t get confused if it uses “android_stationary”. Probably copy-paste error :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Note: impatiently iCloud3 v3. 0 :relaxed:

Isn’t it because the iPhone created a zone “iphone_stationary” (and shows it as “stationary”) and the androids use that zone (that already has been created by the iPhone) and show it with the complete name “iphone_stationary”?

1 Like

After some digging, you are correct. The “iphone_stationary” zone was created by iPhone or iCloud3, I don’t know. I searched in the /config folder and found this reference:

In the icloud3-event-log.txt, I found this:

-- sys event -- 6:50:25p - - - - - Configuring Device > XXXXX (iphone), • Initialize Tracking Fields, • Initialize Zones, • Initialize Stationary Zone > iphone_stationary, • Update HA Device Entities, • Sensor entity prefix > sensor.iphone, • Initialize Sensor Fields

And I can see it in the Map view:

But, I cannot delete/edit it:

I cannot find it in the configuration.yaml.

So, how do I delete this? @gcobb321

You can’t. iCloud3 will always create it. You can set the still time so it never gets used and set it’s base location to somewhere you will never be (equator, in the ocean, North Pole) but it will always be created if you are using iCloud3

Oh?

I disable the iCloud3 stationary now as you suggested previously. I guess iCloud3 would stop creating that iphone_stationary zone.

But, I still won’t be able to delete that existing one? Because, if I go to that location again, that zone will be assigned to all my phones.

It has a ‘base’ location that is 1km north of the home zone with a radius of 1m so no one will probably enter it.

So, I restarted the Home Assistant.

Go to Map View
Edit Zones
Click the iphone_stationary zone

It is pointed to my friend’s house, which is not 1km north of the home zone.

But, as you said, the radius is 1m, hopefully I won’t enter it again when I go to my friend’s house.

Anyway, perhaps you can add configuration option to disable this stationary zone completely. Because it causes confusion when we have mixed phones, Android and iPhone. The iphone stationary zone could get assigned to the Android phone.

See the iCloud3 doc parameters about the Stationary Zone here. Look at the offset parameter

Hi,

I would like to say nice update this beta 9.
I updated from 2.4 to 3.0 beta two weeks ago 8b and now 9, no issue.
Except “RESET AND REAUTHENTICATE ACCOUNT > Request a new Verification Code” witch doesn’t work or maybe disable for beta.

Great work.

Fred

@FredWst At the moment, “RESET AND REAUTHENTICATE ACCOUNT > Request a new Verification Code” on the Actions menu can not be done from inside the configurator, it has to be done from iCloud3 itselt, It’s kinda confusing but the steps are.

1. Exit the configurator, you will be on the Integrations page.
  2. The code has been sent to Apple to request a new code but the entry window will not appear on the Integrations screen. You have to refresh your browser. There is no way to do this automatically.
  3. Then select the Enter Verifications code screen and enter the code.

I’ll at a way to make this better.

Also, If you could post questions and issues on the issues screen on this repository rather than the v2.4 forum. It makes it easier for me to keep the two versions apart. Click the ‘bug’ on the top-right corner of the Event Log screen and it will open the issues page.

Using Map, I created a new zone, named “This Cool Place”.

When my iPhone entered this zone, in the entity card, it is displayed as ThisCoolPlace, so without spaces.

Anyone has this issue? Know how to fix it?

On the other hand, my Android phones showed correctly with spaces in between words.

@HA_n00b see display_zone_format: fname parameter in the iCloud3 docs here

1 Like

With the release of iOS 16.3 Apple has added the support to use security keys as MFA/2FA. Is this supported/tested with iCloud3 as this option makes a 2FA TOTP obsolete.