iCloud3 v3 iDevice Tracker - Version 3 Prerelease version is now available

@spry-salt iC3 is only reporting the location data it receives from iCloud, not doing the actual locating. iCloud does not look at the age of the location to determine if it is still valid while iC3 does look at the age, sees it is old, requests the data again and relies on iCloud to relocate the phone and report what it found. The FindMy is showing where the phone was when it last located it.

When iC3 starts, it sets the device to Home. It is probably then requesting the data, finding it is Old and not updating it. The next release does not set the location to Home when it restarts. It restores it’s location to the last one before the restart. That will probably solve your issue, especially when the device goes into low power mode and does not report it’s location like it normally does.

Thank you so much for your clear explanation, and I look forward to the new version! Happy to beta test if you need someone else.

How to get rid of the „Stationary“ state when someone is not in a zone?:thinking:

@Michael_2000 I do not understand the question. Please explain the problem you are having?

when someone is outside a zone few hours the person gets from “away” to “stationary”

I had the same issue, Gary recommended this. Try this.

I tried that but then the location won’t update then and stays like for the given time

mine changes as they move but not as accurate before because of long stationary time. Gary could explain better

The Stationary zone is just a zone, like Home, the Gym, the Office or any other zone that has been set up. The only difference is that it’s location is changed to the phone’s location when the phone has not moved for a period of time (*stationary_still_time). When that happens, the inzone_interval is set to the stationary_inzone_interval. The iosapp will be updated with the zones new location after a short period of time. The iOS App will issue an exit trigger when the zone is exited from, iCloud3 will process that exit trigger, the Stationary Zone’s location will be moved to it’s ‘base’ location so no one enters it by mistake and tracking begins, just like it does when you exit the Home zone.

Poor or sluggish response is probably because the phone is in an office building, a building with lots of cement and metal and the cell phone reception is poor. In these situations, the iOS App can be sluggish or slow responding to events, probably causing what you are seeing.

If the phone does not set up a Stationary Zone, it will continue to send location requests to iCloud, chewing up your battery life while iCloud keeps track of where you are. Being in a zone sets the interval to a fixed value instead of one that is calculated based on thr travel time to Home.

Hi @gcobb321 , I am thinking to use the icloud3 integration with HA, but saw that v3 might get released quite soon. If thats correct I would wait for it in order to configure everything from the gui. Is there a rough timeframe when it should get released?

Thanks!

1 Like

@u20p17 I hope to release beta 1 this weekend. Everything is looking good but I want to do some more installation testing (new and an upgrade). The docs are here if you want to take a look at them. Ill add you to the notification list.

8 Likes

would love to get notified. Migration manual looks comprehensive :slight_smile:

nice to hear! yes, please add me too :slight_smile:

Cant wait - thanks for all the hard work @gcobb321

1 Like

G’day. Could I be added to the list too please?

Hi, is it possible to add me too ?

Hi @gcobb321,

Followed you for a while and using your great integration. Documents look good.
Add me please. More then happy to help you to make this a great integration!

I have really enjoyed this project and have time over the next couple weeks to do testing if you need more people to help test.

Add me please, excited to finally try

Just love iCloud3 - could you add me to the beta too please? Thanks