Ikea Tradfri Remote Options

@Johan_Wikstrom
As a long-time deconz user I would recommand it everyone.

- id: '1540672351076'
  alias: D - Ikea dim down
  trigger:
 - entity_id: sensor.slaapkamer
    platform: state
    to: '3002'
  condition: []
  action:
  - data_template:
      brightness: '{% set bri = states.light.g_woonkamer.attributes.brightness | int
        %} {{ [bri-50, 0] | max }}

'
      entity_id: light.g_woonkamer
    service: light.turn_on

The remotes generate 3002,3003,3004,3005 events you can use to do whatever you want.

2 Likes

Thanks for this!

The event codes is what I was looking for

Hi!

I can’t seem to get this to work. How do I see if HA picks up the event from deCONZ?

Enable debug for the component and you will see all signals from devices

The tradfri remote also works with the development version of zigbee2mqtt. I set it up two days ago and it works like a charm. Pairing not just only to a bulb and so freely configurable in HA.

Not that easy though:

https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/blob/dev/docs/getting_started/pairing_devices.md#user-content-ikea-tradfri

Will that workflow be required even after the Trådfri support has entered the stable release?

With deCONZ you just pair it and it all is set up afterwards.

If it works like that with deCONZ, it should be possible with zigbee2mqtt also. The current procedure (while very nice for the tinkerer) does not seem suitable for the broad masses.

But you should ask the devloper himself, maybe at

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/zigbee2mqtt-getting-rid-of-your-proprietary-zigbee-bridges-xiaomi-hue-tradfri/52108

I was just curious. I’m happy with deCONZ

so ikea remote works with event id, i am using that now with deconz
but how does it work with zigbee2mqtt ?

In zigbee2mqtt the tradfri remote control is defined as mqtt sensor as all information is sent as (JSON formatted) payload to the configured topic. Some exmaple payloads:

{"action":"toggle","linkquality":55}
{"action":"arrow_left_hold","linkquality":55}
{"action":"arrow_left_release","duration":1.301,"linkquality":55}

The mqtt sensor state is linked to the action value via

value_template: '{{value_json.action}}'

So I can use it as trigger for my automations:

trigger:
  platform: state
  entity_id: sensor.tradfri_remote_control
  to: 'toggle'
action:
  - service: light.toggle

thnx for sharing this

I paired my tradfri remote with deconz and I can see it on Phoscon software. It works when I set up an automation on Phoscon. I don’t see the device on HA though, in the list of deconz devices (I can see other devices there).

How can I set up and automation with this switch?

I cannot setup the automation suggested by @rtenklooster because I don’t have an entity_id.

There are examples in deconz component documentation

Thx. I guess you are referring to this. I’ve read it. I’m still missing the device id though. My remote appears as " TRADFRI remote control" in Phoscon, but what device id should I expect to get in the event parameter of the deconz_event? Should I expect to see the remote somewhere in HA UI?

No the remotes will only be events. But if they report battery (most do) you will get a battery sensor that will also list the event id

Ok, but how can I know the name of the device which will come in the deconz_event?
I enabled debugging for deconz as described here but I don’t see anything.

the name in deconz is the name on HA

I thought so too… I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I wrote this automation. I know that the action is ok, I’m using it elsewhere. I also renamed the device on Phoscon to be TRADFRI_remote_control.
The remote does work when I set up the automation on Phoscon directly. Also the connection between deconz and HA is working since I have other sensors and devices on deconz which are working fine.

alias: testtradfri
initial_state: 'on'
trigger:
  platform: event
  event_type: deconz_event
  event_data:
    id: TRADFRI_remote_control
    event: 1002
action:
- data:
    entity_id: switch.fibaro_hall_switch
  service: switch.turn_on

Only lower case letters. I have a PR to help get event ids from logs

1 Like

That was it! I wish this was mentioned in the docs!

1 Like