Implementing mobile_app notifications - suggestions welcome

I’m interested in moving my notifications to the android app platform. I want to be able to take advantage of the actionable actions that actually show up in the notifications!

My dream is to have a situation like this: send a sticky notification when the garage door opens (similar to the example), and then have the stick notifications cleared when the garage door is closed, either by the notification action or by the other, normal means. This seems possible, but I don’t want to have to have two calls to two notify services (for my wife’s phone and my phone), and have the same actions for both because I see myself repeating this pattern at least a few times, and I abhor copying and pasting if there’s a better way.

I tried creating a notify group that has both our devices in it. But when creating a notification that used some actions, I found I couldn’t because the notify group won’t accept all the parameters that the mobile app notify services will. I know the ability to pass arbitrary fields was taken out from most services, and this is great where it makes sense or is otherwise not limiting, but it seems like notify groups are not one of those situations.

I also tried using a script that just called the notify services for both our phones, but then I found that I had no way to pass the array of actions through the script and to the notify services in a way that they could use it.

Is there a way to do what I’m trying, or is this a lost cause?