Important - Loop Energy Monitor (TL;DR - another piece of hardware will stop working after manufacturers decision to switch off the service)

Im seeing both.

Thanks, I see gas in home assistant now, but not in the app, I guess that will catch up later.
Strange that they changed their mind, I just checked the email that they sent a while back and it says they would switch it all off on the 13th.

I dont think that they have changed their minds, its probably accidental :slight_smile:

I tried to re-enable and went to login - it says only system admins can now access.

seems so yes just get this page now :frowning:

Still works, although i have never disabled the system.

I’m going to guess there is no way to get your secret keys without being able to log in to the website?

I dont know any, are you sure you dont have them written down somewhere?

Seems that Loop has finally stopped working for me. Can someone please confirm if Loop stopped working for everyone and then i will log a github ticket to remove the integration.

Still works for me still getting data as of today

hmm odd, im getting:

2021-04-10 11:30:13 WARNING (LoopEnergy Event Thread) [pyloopenergy.loop_energy] No updates for 60s - reconnecting
2021-04-10 11:30:13 WARNING (LoopEnergy Event Thread) [pyloopenergy.loop_energy] Waiting 60s to retry socket connection

seems that the server is not responding?

I see the same, this thing is finished.
I haven’t connected the replacement that they sent me as I am having smart meters installed soon and I have a Glow meter on order.

Please let us know how it works once you’ve got it installed. Im desperately looking for a replacement, although ive been advised that it wont be possible to replace my gas meter as it’s inside of the property.

Not sure then mine if definitely still reporting as of today.

So annoyed with these guys… the replacement is rubbish… simply does not work at all…. Let alone in Home Assistant. They have refunded me for the replacement….

Regardless, my original was still working until a day or so ago… anyone else v1 still working in Home Assistant?

Hi, Did your meter arrive? Have you got it up and running? Did you connect it to HA and if so what method? The custom integration or MQTT? Thanks

Yes I have the display unit from Hildebrand and have it setup and working. Support from Jane at Hildebrand is very responsive. British Gas have been a disaster, seems that my smart meters are not so smart, I have just had a week outage with both the Glow unit and the BG supplied unit unable to connect to the meters’ zigbee HAN. On finally getting through on the BG chat (took me about 3 days) their solution was to wait 2 weeks and the problem would fix itself - apparently my smart meters had lost all connectivity, both WAN and HAN, and the only solution is to wait until the meters realise this and reset themselves, which takes up to 2 weeks!
I had misunderstood about the MQTT, I thought that the Glow unit would be publishing the data, but it seems that the Glow unit sends the data from the meters back to Hildebrand, and then they publish the MQTT from their broker at glowmqtt.energyhive.com.
The MQTT message you receive is not very user-friendly, but there are various bits of code around to decode it, I use a function node in Node-red to decode the message and republish the data that I want as a simple MQTT message to the MQTT sensors that I have created in HA.

Is anyone working on interrogating the traffic by wireshark or something to see if we can’t interrogate the data directly without the cloud?

Maybe if enough of us lobby loop, they will release the local api for v1?

Im afraid that it would require a firmware update so it might be complicated. Im not sure even sure if it is possible.
But wont hurt trying.