Incorporating new routers into existing Zibgee mesh network

Set channel it to 15 , PanID to 1 and the network key to the original (need to change later). Do this in both the add-on configuration and in the configuration.yaml file… Delete the backup file “configuration.yaml.bk” in the zigbee2mqtt directory, Restart Z2M and lets see the logs

You serial-port look right now.

Here is my configuration.yaml, corrected into the standard network key.

external_converters: []
devices:
  - devices.yaml
groups:
  - groups.yaml
homeassistant: true
permit_join: false
mqtt:
  base_topic: zigbee2mqtt
  user: addons
  password: reeChaivei6Poor4xeinguengeiz0auda2oogheugh2Jaequah5hapieNgeumiNg
  server: mqtt://core-mosquitto:1883
serial:
  port: >-
    /dev/serial/by-id/usb-ITead_Sonoff_Zigbee_3.0_USB_Dongle_Plus_d617560171d9eb11bf30158e6fe9f4d9-if00-port0
advanced:
  log_level: warn
  pan_id: 1
  channel: 13
  network_key:
  availability_blocklist: []
  availability_passlist: []
  last_seen: ISO_8601_local
device_options: {}
blocklist: []
passlist: []
queue: {}
frontend:
  port: 8099
experimental: {}
availability: false

I don’t understand where Home Assistant comes it, it doesn’t look like you’re using the HAOS z2m addon (but perhaps I’m wrong, I don’t use it myself).

How are you installing z2m exactly?

Also, what does this return?

test -w /dev/serial/by-id/usb-ITead* && echo success || echo failure

Ah so finally some progress!

I have managed to get it working with both of your help of course.
When I change the chanell to anything other than 11, it stops again.

Maybe it only supports channel 11 on sonoff zigbee stick? Orrrr

Happy it works. Mine is running on channel 13. But no reason to change away from 11 if it works.

If you would like to change the network key, remember to do so before you have paired a lot of devices. You need to re/pair after changing network key. Once again, remember to remove the .bk file, otherwise it will not change.

.bk file? Where is that file

thats what i can see

Strange. I have a “configuration.yaml.bk”, and documentation says it should be deleted if changes are made. Maybe not valid anymore after version 1.25? Not sure.

Happy it works for you now.

Thank You for the help. Couldn’t have done it without you

1 Like

Yeah, mine is running on channel 20. I’m using the 20220219 firmware.

Do you guys know how to make a back of the devices connected to z2m.

So if I upgrade to a new zigbee coordinator, I can retrieve all my devives without having to connect them and set up entities from scratch.

In a standalone z2m installation, everything that’s known about the Zigbee network (keys, devices, etc) is stored in the data/ directory.

However, sometimes re-pairing is required anyway, depending on the coordinators used. See the FAQ for more info: FAQ | Zigbee2MQTT

Hi guys!
Another question for you.

So I have been adding zigbee end devices and connected ingredients them through the routers. Now that I want to move the location of some of the end devices, and they become far away from their original router device. So is there a way to move their ‘connection’ from one router and connect it through another router?

Or do I have have to remove the end devices from the zigbee network and pair again?

Thanks!

Typically, you can pair them again without removing them first (turn on “Permit join” in z2m and put the device in pairing mode). That way, z2m will reuse the information it already knows about the device.