Input boolean usage as on/off switch

Dear fellow users,

Im trying to use input boolean, just as described on the site, as overrides for certain automations. I can find very little information about this through Google. My issue however is that manually clicking a switch in the frontend sets the boolean to the on value, but turns it back off in a few seconds.

My logging shows this:
16-10-11 21:18:50 homeassistant.core: Bus:Handling Event call_service[L]: service_call_id=1977831824-19, service=turn_on, domain=homeassistant, service_data=entity_id=input_boolean.vacationmode
16-10-11 21:18:50 homeassistant.core: Bus:Handling Event call_service[L]: service_call_id=1977831824-20, service=turn_on, domain=input_boolean, service_data=entity_id=[‘input_boolean.vacationmode’]

dev/states shows the value as off.
I can set it manually through dev/states, but i dont want my gf to have to use it that way.
Also, i’m able to set it through automations.

Am I not able to set it manually through the front end and is that the reason why it resets?
If so, is there another thing I can use as a (virtual) on/off switch to override?

1 Like

Hi,
I was using input_boolean in my project and they worked fine, please check the link here: https://www.openhardware.io/view/55
I didn’t update it to the latest version nor for Home Assistant, nor for MySensors, I am working on it.