Input_datetime cannot change date

I can only change date in an input_datetime once.
The second time I try to change the date, the click in the date picker does not register.
This is happening on mobile and in desktop browser.

The only way to remedy this, is to stop the app or reload the page in the browser.

Am I the only one?

Have you tried clearing your browser cache? (ctrl-F5 if you are using Chrome)

Yes (that’s what I meant with “reload”), then it works one time again. Would have to do this every time.

So, it works for you?

Might be one of the frontend components (is this the correct word?) like

• config-template
  • auto-entities
  • card-mod
  • fold-entity-row or
  • auto-entities.

It works for me, I just double checked.

I just realized, this behavior is card specific.
If the datetime is in an entities-card, where the input fields are directly displayed, this behavior occurs.

If the datetime is in an entity-card, where you first have to open a popup to change the date I can change the date multiple times, as long as I close the popup in-between. If I try to change the date multiple times while the popup stays open, I have the same behaviour as with the entities-card.

It seems it has something to do with the event that triggers a submit (layman’s terms of a non developer 😵‍💫)

Ok, I think I finally identified the problem that also explains the different experiences from different users:

The problem only occurs, when the input_datetime is displayed within an entities-card.
And here it only occurs when I click on the little calendar-icon behind the displayed date.

It does NOT occur, when I click in the date itself or if the card is not displayed inside an entities-card as there is no calendar-icon in this case.

I would really appreciate if someone could confirm this.

Would this be considered a bug that should be reported?

1 Like

if it is a bug, you have to report which browser you’re using. As things of this nature are usually browser dependent.

I can confirm that I see the same behaviour. It is a bug and it has been reported in:
github HA issue 13278

1 Like