This is my first time to contact the community and hopefully this is the right forum for my questions.
I’m sorry, I’m not experienced regarding software installations on NUC. As of today I have installed latest Ubuntu (SSD configured with one partition) on my NUC which works well.
Now I want to install home assistant , but the OS version which promises to make my life as easy as possible. I’m not sure to have understood the Home Assistant doc completely. Please confirm or correct my understanding.
- If I use HAOS I will get rid of the Ubuntu OS
- To put HAOS on the machine I would download the image for NUC and write an USB stick by balenaEtcher (which I installed on my Windows laptop for this purpose)
- In my understanding balenaEtcher creates a bootable USB device.
- Next I will boot the NUC from USB and this will download and write all required data to my SSD in the NUC box.
- Restart NUC without USB stick which hopefully end up in a running HAOS
May be my understanding is totally wrong.
I would be happy to get a more detailed Instruction how to install HAOS on NUC.
Thanks a lot for reading this message