Installation of SELVE rollershutter Integration

I found the post of Gabriel Pulidodetorres regarding his development of an integration in HA for controlling SELVE devices by using the SELVE USB-RF-gateway stick.

I tried to install it but had some problems and asked for help.
Gabriel answered and gave me some hints but suddenly our conversation in solving my problem was limited by community.home-assistant.io rules:

You have reached the reply limit for this topic
We’re sorry, but new users are temporarily limited to 3 replies in the same topic.
Instead of adding another reply, please consider editing your previous replies, or visiting other topics.

So I had to answer him per personal email.

My answer to his last posting has been:

hi Gabriel,
as you posted, I did the following:

• selve-specific entries from configuration.yaml deleted
  • saved and validated, HA restarted
  • HA->settings-> devices & services → add integration: selve is listed.
  • Error message after click
    pasted graphics 8

So I will remove the selve integration directory completely, reboot Raspi and try the installation procedure again … will this help???

Thanks again for your kind support!!!

Have a nice evening …

Peter

P r o b l e m s o l v e d !!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Puuuh! After some further reboots and setup tries I changed to the selve-directory found in GitHub - Kannix2005/homeassistant-selve: Home Assistant Custom component to manage Selve devices and the config-dialogue for the selve-integration started … took several minutes but finally found no usb-interface. I restarted the dialogue, took off the usb stick and immediately after plugged in again it was recognized. Additional result: the selve-integration appeared in the overview of installed integrations, But no selve devices shown. So I played around: reboot always could be a good idea … no result. Finally I tried the selve config …-menu → System options → update (aktualisieren) and schwupps: 6 devices were found.
Hurrah: they move up and down!!!

Many thanks to Gabriel and Kannix2005 for their work and support. I am very glad to have the things running after looking around for such a solution for several months!!!

Also thanks to community.home-assistant.io: a very helpful community, indeed!!!

Peter

Hello Peter, do you really have all the shutters work fine? With me the shutters work, but can’t control the channels of the 3 shutters, maybe I did something wrong. Can you be so kind to help me out? Can’t find the “Selve config …-menu → System options → update (aktualisieren)” . Greetings Thessa

Hallo Thessa,
habe gerade wieder mal Probleme mit der SELVE Integration gehabt und mal wieder gegoogelt. So fand ich Deine Bitte um Hilfe. Sorry - zu spät … Ich hoffe, du konntest die Probleme lösen.
Ich hatte die Anleitung von SELVE befolgt, den Stick an einen Windows Rechner mit der SELVE Installationsroutine zu packen und die einzelnen Funkmotore einzulernen. Wenn der Stick die Motoren kennt, kann er an den HA-Rechner angeschlossen werden und nach der Installation der SELVE Integration erkennt die Integration beim Konfigurieren die im Stick gespeicherten Motoren.
Nach dem ersten Ausfall an HA hatte ich dann die PC-Konfiguration des SELVE-Sticks wiederholt. Dabei habe ich anscheinend beim Benennen der einzelnen Motore nicht nur einen, sondern mehrere aktuell selektiert gehabt, denn nun fahren bei Betätigen einer Jalousie mehrere gleichzeitig. Ist insofern ok, als daß ich sowieso immer nur alle gleichzeitig hoch / runter haben will.
Ich weiß nicht, wie oft ich inzwischen Probleme mit der Integration hatte: nach Stromausfällen und Systemupdates hatte der Rapberry Pi plötzlich die Ports vertauscht, an denen zigbee-dongle und SELVE-Dongle saßen, oder man mußte den SELVE-Stick bei laufendem System abziehen und neu einstecken, damit der richtig erkannt und zugeordnet werden konnte. Vor ca. 2 Monaten bin ich mit HA auf intel nuc / proxmox umgestiegen und hatte seitdem keine derartigen Probleme mehr … dachte ich. Gestern nach dem Update auf HA OS 11.2 aber wieder anscheinend dasselbe Problem. So wie es derzeit scheint, brauche ich anscheinend mehr Hilfe als du.
Ich versuche, den ganzen Kram zu löschen und mit der aktuellen Version von github/kannix … neu aufzusetzen …
Oh sorry - sprichst du überhaupt deutsch? Wenn nicht, schreibe ich das Ganze nachher nochmal in englisch …

Grüße aus Lemförde am Dümmer See … Peter