Installation on PCEngines Alix 3D2 board

Hi to all
I want to share my experience in installing home assistant on a PC Engines Alix board
Alix3D2. The procedure is valid for Alix3D3 too. I assume that you have a debian distribution
flashed on a CF card without write protection (for downloading see https://code.google.com/archive/p/debian-for-alix/ I used version v3).

After booting, first of all you should set date and update packages. Set date; at the time of
writing date is 1 July 2017 time 10:00 am. So:

sudo date -s 2017-7-1

sudo date -s "10:00:00"

now you can update packages:

sudo apt-get update

then update certificates, install ntp and dpkg:

sudo apt-get install ca-certificates ntp dpkg-dev

if you have a wifi card, I suggest to install wireless tools and wpa_supplicant :

sudo apt-get install nano wpasupplicant wireless-tools

Then you should install all needed:

sudo apt-get install build-essential libsqlite3-dev tcl tcl-dev python-tk

ok you are nearly ready. Homeassistant, at the time of writing, needs python >= 3.4.2
whilst the version available for Alix is older, so you should download Python source and compile it:

wget https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.5.1/Python-3.5.1.tgz

tar xzvf Python-3.5.1.tgz

cd Python-3.5.1

./configure --enable-loadable-sqlite-extensions

remember to enable loadable-sqlite-extensions otherwise you will have errors installing homeassistant.
If all ok then:

make

I will advise you that the compiling process is at least an hour long, so you can have a coffee meanwhile…
If compilation is ok, then you caninstall Python:

sudo make install

You need also python3-venv if you would install homeassistant in a virtual environment and some other libraries:

sudo apt-get install python3-venv libssl-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev libjpeg-dev libffi-dev libudev-dev python-pip

before starting, setup environment:

sudo pip install --upgrade virtualenv

at this point you can follow the guide for installation in virtual environment starting
from step 1.

Ok, now you can enjoy homeassistant on PC Engines alix board. This procedure is valid for Alix 3D3 too.