Installation queries

Hi,
After flashing an SD-Card with the raspberry pi 3 image and booting my pi I’ve been having problems. I have a wired network and serve dhcp requests from the switch.

However, the pi doesn’t seem to be picking anything up? I don’t see it in the switch’s dhcp bindings or when I do a network scan. I left the pi plugged in overnight hoping it might just be slow but no joy. When I boot the device it goes to to hassio splash screen and then sits there…endlessly.

If someone could help me with getting a handle on this I’d appreciate it.

Regards,
D

@PIR I will not be much help, but the splash screen part I know. I had an HDMI cable hooked up to my Pi when I first installed Raspbian and played around. Then I flashed an SD card withe All-In-One Hass.io and let’r rip. I also saw the splash screen and it just sat there. Turns out that is what it does. Hass.io has no graphical Pi interface. It is all done through command line. I use Putty. Your Pi probably has an IP address, either wifi or wired. That is the place to start. Look on yoru router for new connections. Go to that new IP address to fins the Hass.io web page. Good Luck!

Hi,
I got through this after rebooting to pi twice. Not sure why there were issues but I got there in the end…

Regards,
D