Installing a docker container for hass.io with synology with limited command line options

@fredrike
Since you built this package for synology do you know how I could install this container using docker command line? See: https://github.com/dmitrif/onvif2mqtt

Its not as straightforward as you would think because synology does not have git or apt and the docker command line option listed on that git repo does not work for the synology docker.
Anyway love your input on this?

I also still wondering about your notes on surveillance station causing issues with hass.io. (so far I’ve seen none) so is this just an old issue that no longer comes up? Or something else? I was seeing issue with samba for a bit but its gone now, the IP address of my synology is shared with the hass.io and it works, which is kinda amazing. Also curious about the USB note, again is that just an old issue since fixed?

THANKS for your time.

Update I tried it again another way and got another interesting error. note I have the container downloaded in the gui, but it needs this command to start correctly or it crashes over and over.

/config$ sudo docker run -v /config/configuration.yaml dfarkov/onvif2mqtt

> [email protected] start /
> node dist/index.js

{"level":30,"time":1587837903201,"msg":"Loading configuration. {\"configPath\":\"/config/config.yml\"}","v":1}
internal/fs/utils.js:230
    throw err;
    ^

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/config/config.yml'
    at Object.openSync (fs.js:457:3)
    at Object.readFileSync (fs.js:359:35)
    at Config._loadUserConfig (/dist/Config.js:51:40)
    at Config._loadConfig (/dist/Config.js:94:28)
    at new Config (/dist/Config.js:110:23)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/dist/Config.js:118:16)
    at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1158:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1178:10)
    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1002:32)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:901:14) {
  errno: -2,
  syscall: 'open',
  code: 'ENOENT',
  path: '/config/config.yml'
}
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! [email protected] start: `node dist/index.js`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the [email protected] start script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /root/.npm/_logs/2020-04-25T18_05_03_208Z-debug.log

My 5cents (will look further later on) is that -v /config/configuration.yaml tries to read a file located at /config that folder doesn’t exist on Synology. My suggestion is that you investigate volume mapping from the Docker interface in Synology.

Ok Ill look into volume mapping.

What about your surveillance station note from the synology package install? Is there anything to that? Or have updates fixed the issue. I hate to waste all my time using this docker hass.io install later to find out there is something that will make it unusable. THANKS