Installing ESPHome on Synology docker

I 'm truckling with integration in HA.
Synology DSM 7
Home Assistant docker
Zwavejs2mqtt docker
ESPHome docker

When I make a new integration with ESPHome there’s a message.

Kan geen verbinding maken met ESP. Zorg ervoor dat uw YAML-bestand een regel ‘api:’ bevat.

Well, simply add api: to your YAML of your project. :wink:

For example:

esphome:
  name: devicename
  platform: ESP8266
  board: d1_mini

# Enable logging
logger:
  level: debug

# Enable Home Assistant API
api:

ota:
  password: $ota_pass

wifi:
  networks:
  - ssid: !secret wifi_ssid
    password: !secret wifi_pass
    hidden: true

OK. the docker container esphome is running, but there is no YAML file.

You’re providing very little information to help you quick and properly, so here’s what you could expect on a vanilla ESPHome setup:

If you have the ESPHome container up and running, and can access the web interface on port 6052, then there’s a green button at the bottom right which says “+ New Device” it is a wizard, which helps you setup a new device. Essentially what it does, it creates the yaml file for your device. If you complete the wizard, you have to install the image on your device. Or, if you close the wizard, you should see a tile for your device on the ESPHome dashboard. If you click on Edit in the tile, you see the YAML file, which probably already contains the “api:” line. If not, you can add it yourself.

Well, If anything of the above does not work as described, please explain what you did (how did you set up the container, etc.) and at which step you see the message. The more information you provide about your ESPHome setup, the better we can help.

OK. I made a big mistake. I forgot to access the web interface. I study your advice.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Joop I have the same issue…(and the same setup). How did you access the web interface ?