Insteon - Support For 2744SA Load Controller

Can you please add support for the 2744SA Load Controller. Thank You

I have developed the code to support this device and am hoping to have it supported in HA in the 2022.6 release. Stay tuned.

2 Likes

That would be great, I installed the lastest HA this week and although I can add the Insteon Load Controller its not visible on the Insteon dashboard. I have mine running a pool pump that runs the heater … ill certainly look forward to 2022.6 Thanks again for all your work! Much appreciated

Due to some timing issues I am not expecting to complete this until 2022.7 now. Sorry.

1 Like

Well noted, will be patiently awaiting the update when possible. Thanks again.

Adding my thanks for your efforts, I have 2 2744 controlling water heaters at my cottage. My experience is the same as MattQC, I can successfully link the device to the hub (HA acknowlwdges adding the device), but it does not show in my device list. Thank you again,

Installed 2022.8.5 today and got a great surprise. My 2744SA appeared as a new device. Got it into my automation and working great

Thank you teharris1 for your support for all us Insteon migrants and helping take it to a new level

I am running the windows version of HA. I see from my UI that I am running 2022.8.6. I cannot get my 2744SA to appear. I’ve tried putting it in linking mode, toggling the switch on the 2744SA itself hoping the HA will see it, doing a call service for add all links… no luck.
Any tips on this one? Is there a way to force HA to see the device? Initiate a refresh of all devices?

I am by no means an expert. Here’s what I would do.
First try linking again
In HA, go to Insteon Configuration page
Click on the + Add Device button
On the Add Insteon Device screen, Click OK
On the “Adding Insteon device - ready to pair…” screen, goto the 2477SA and press the set button
until it beeps, you should get a HA dialogue indicating the device is added, this can take a few seconds. In my situation, I had to try the Add Device routine a couple of times

So, assuming you have tried this several times, I would next hard reset the 2477SA and then try the add.
240V Load Controller Setup — Insteon

Resetting 240V Load Controller to its Factory Default Settings
The factory reset procedure will clear 240V Load Controller of all INSTEON links and programmed X10 addresses.
NOTE: Depending on the location of your circuit breaker or fuse panel, you might need to recruit
someone to help you perform the following procedure.

1. If you are using a controller to control 240V Load Controller, be sure to unlink it from the controller.
    See Unlinking 240V Load Controller from an INSTEON Controller.
  2. If you are using 240V Load Controller to control any INSTEON devices, unlink those devices from
    240V Load Controller. See Unlinking an INSTEON Responder from 240V Load Controller.
  3. At the circuit breaker or fuse panel, disable the circuit supplying power to the junction box for about
    10 seconds
  4. While holding down the Set button on 240V Load Controller, re-enable power to the junction box from
    the circuit breaker or fuse panel, making sure not to let go of the Set button
    240V Load Controller will beep
  5. Continue to hold down the Set button for 3 seconds and then release
    A few seconds after you release the button, 240V Load Controller will double-beep and its Status
    LED will turn on solid green
    The load will turn on

Lastly, I have seen a couple comments, about Insteon trouble with 2022.8.6. I do not know if that is real or not. I am running 2022.8.5 and it is working fine. So as a last ditch effort, go back to 2022.8.5 with a saved 2022.8.4 or 5 full backup and try again.

I am sure there are some more tech oriented folks that may have other debugging ideas.

Good luck