Integrate with OpenSprinkler

One thing I “hate” about Home Assistant is that the minute I get something to work, I immediately try to take it even further :slight_smile:

My switches now work just fine and I have exposed them to Google Assistant so I can actually turn them on and off through the OK Google command and the zones run for whatever amount of time the input slider is set to.

How awesome would it be if I could say something like : “Turn on Zone 1 for 10 minutes” and have the value passed along to change the input slider and then start the manual run…

Is that a pipe dream ?

great - i missed the last update …

mqtt working - thx

I would love that too but I don’t think the HA Google Assistant integration support “inputs” yet as far as I know, but you be able to get further by using manual Google Assistant integration (quite a bit of setup work) or you could try something with IFTTT + GA + HA. Even then you might need to split things up, ie “set zone 1 timer to 10 mins” then “turn on zone 1” (which can be combined using routines in GA)

Note I have not tried any of this, just some ideas for you to play around with.

For anyone that is interested, we have a slack workspace we use to discuss about the integration:

And github is good place too look for issues:

Just screw Google Assistant and build a rhasspy voice assistant to do whatever you want :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi vinteo, thanks for making this integration. I recently migrated to a new HA system and screwed up my installation. I had your integration running in the past, but im unable to connect to my OSPI again.

What format needs the URL to be? http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx or just the IP?
With the integration managable from the frontend, is there still the need to MD5 the password?

Thanks in advance.

Yea it should be http://: as the readme says. The OpenSprinkler default port is 8080 so you have to add that if you didn’t change that. And no, the password does NOT need to be md5’ed

Okay, thank you. I dont know if i have the wrong read.me because there is nothing about http://, the port or md5 in it.

Thanks for your help, got it working.

Is it possible to pull the next program runtime from Opensprinkler using this integration? I looked through the documentation, but wasn’t able to find anything like that. It would be cool to the the scheduled runtimes from OS on the HA calendar as well (as a suggestion!).

Thanks!

I found it much simpler to initiate sprinkler runs from Home Assistant

Hi, should it be possible to run the script directly via the “play” button?

2020-07-20_09-02

If I try it I get the error:

2020-07-20 09:03:07 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.script] run_zone_2: Running script
2020-07-20 09:03:07 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.script] run_zone_2: Executing step call service
2020-07-20 09:03:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.script] run_zone_2: Error executing script. Unexpected error for call_service at pos 1: ('Error code: 17', 17)
Traceback (most recent call last):

When I configure the zone with your configuration.yaml example at github it works.

As long as you setup the input_number as well it should work

thanks for the hint. two mistakes I made, renamed the zone and forget to set “input”.

I’ve updated my firmware to 2.1.9 (rev4),
I added MQTT connection info in opensprinkler,
I’ve added the the opensprinkler integration to HA,
I see opensprinkler connecting to MQTT in the MQTT logs,
however I don’t see any publishers or subscribers, what have I done wrong?

The integration doesn’t support MQTT yet, you will have to create your own MQTT sensors using the MQTT templates

Oh ok, I’ll wait for the integration, thanks for your great work.

Hello please can you post below th mqtt template?

Anyone here running HA .112 or newer? I’m getting this error when trying to call the opensprinkler.run service:

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.service
Source: helpers/service.py:422
First occurred: 11:34:39 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:34:39 AM

Unable to find referenced entities switch.s01_station_enabled

The sprinkler entities are all displayed in entities and the integration appears to update asynchronously just fine. I can also trigger the stations by manually plugging in the “cm” URL into my browser, so I know that’s working at least. OpenSprinkler firmware is 2.1.9 rev4.

please share your config you are trying to use

I was just trying to test the service call using Developer Tools.

I go to Developer Tools > Services > I select opensprinkler.run

Service Data:

entity_id: switch.s01_station_enabled
run_seconds: 60

I don’t receive any error feedback, but that warning shows up in the logs, and the sprinkler station does not trigger.