Integrating Brel (curtain) motors in HA

@sygys
Would you mind also sharing the PDF with me?
or did you allready set up a page?

Thanks in advance, Sander

My manual has been added by Brel on their website Downloads | Brel Home

HI All,

The blinds are working iā€™m able to open and close them, but the thing is i have venationblinds

so the have a % for down and also specific degrees of how far the blinds should open. Does anyone know how the set the degrees?

Thx,

Emiel

What integration are you using? If you use motion blinds then when pressing the motor you should see this

HI indeed i use the motion blind intergration and seeing this

Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 15.06.02

but when using the app of brel i have the following option for the ā€œJaloezieenā€ to open or close based on degrees.

and here you see the option in the brel app

I have never seen that window in the motion blind integration. Is that a custom card?

I try this for over a year with no succes. I got brel roller blinds those are wifi based. Can you help me with the intergration.

I have send Brel a question about the wifi motors. As soon as I get a reply Iā€™ll get back to you.

Wifi motors do not work the way the others do with a hub. I donā€™t even know if they are controllable at all outside the Brel app

@kronoxnl I just had a phonecall with Brel and he explained me some things. Which motor do you have exactly? And do you have the DD7002B hub?

Wifi blinds can be used as standalone motors directly connected to the internet. With this method without a hub everything is going via the cloud. Via the cloud there is no option of adding them to HA. You need to buy the hub and connect the motor to that hub. Make sure that your motor can communicate with the hub. You could call Brel about this, ask for Reinoud and tell him I send you (John). He will know what your problem is and can tell you if the motor can be connected to the hub. If it can be connected to the hub then I can help you integrate it into ha

Thank you. I got the usb hub DD-1554. The acaxt motors i do not know. I will get in contact with Brel . Thank you again.

For what it is worth and it is not integrated in HA: I modified a project from github-user superjunky, project name Domoticz-Brel-Plugin.
I wrote a python script based on this and a webservice to move the blinds and screens and position them.
I am using this in Node-Red.
If any no-HA user is interested, send me a dm.

The motion blinds integration in Home assistant does exactly that. It will find all motors connected to the hub and even battery percentages and lqi can be seen with this integration

Hello,

Iā€™m using the motion blind integration to control my bi-directionnal blinds and itā€™s working.
Except the multicast but I think itā€™s an internal network issue but I bypassed it by calling the update every minute.
But I canā€™t find any feedback regarding the battery percentages in the ā€œstates.jsonā€ and no command in ā€œcoverā€ or ā€œmotionā€ api.
Maybe itā€™s becasue I donā€™t have the multicast enabled but I was wondering where you find the info.
Thanks in advance.

Edit : Checking in the github sensor.py from the integration there is an extra attributes for the battery. It seems taht it need to be manually added. But Iā€™m quite new to the HA platform and really have no clue how to do this ?

This information is automatically added when the motion blinds integration is setup. Atleast thats how it works for me.

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately I donā€™t have it in mine so I guess it might be linked to the multicast issue I haveā€¦
Also the 1st blind I added to the app was a mono directionnal without battery info so maybe itā€™s also linked to that.
Iā€™ll try later to delete my existant integration and create a new one to see how it goes.

Edit: It seems itā€™s related to the multicast because I canā€™t get the sensor platform from the integration working.

Edit 2: For those in the same case, itā€™s not related to the multicast but the fact that I had both mono and bi-directionnal blinds configured in the app. As it canā€™t get feedback from the mono blinds it was disabling the sensor component for the other onesā€¦ I finally exclude the mono and reintegrate the motion component and itā€™s working well. Itā€™s unfortunate but iā€™m controlling the mono blind with a rflink.

I wrote and maintain the Motion Blinds integration.
The Motion Blinds integration schould work with Brel blinds both through directly connecting to the blind if it supports WiFi or through 433Mhz using the DD7002B Brel-Home box or D1554 Brel Home USB plug.
It will be able to control and read the actual position from the motor for bi-directional blinds and control the blinds for uni-direction blinds.

Please let me know if there are any problems/issues with the Motion Blinds integration by making an issue at GitHub - starkillerOG/motion-blinds: Python library for interfacing with Motion Blinds
If you appreciate my work please consider sponsoring my project: GitHub - starkillerOG/motion-blinds: Python library for interfacing with Motion Blinds

@luckies10 mono and bi-direction blinds schould be able to both connect to the hub at the same time as far as I am aware. I would not know why the battery would not show for the bi-direction blinds.
If you are still experiancing this with HomeAssistant 2022.05 please let me know.

@sygys wifi brel blinds schould be able to connect directly to HomeAssistant using the Motion Blinds integration as of HA 2022.05.
No need for a hub.
If it does not work, please let me know.

@Emilioz80 probably your specific blind is not recognized correctly as a tilt capable blind.
Please make an issue at GitHub - starkillerOG/motion-blinds: Python library for interfacing with Motion Blinds and I can implement the tilt support if you provide some basic information about the blind.

Hello,

Ok Iā€™ll check with a the new update (Iā€™m still in 2022.4.7) and give you a feedback.