Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

You can easily reset the installer password for the Inverter. Huawei has that info publicly available. It’s a simple sequence of turning the inverter off and on, but I can’t remember it exactly. Just google it and you will find it.

Okay I’ve logged in locally and have enabled modtcp capability.
i rebooted the inverter after doing so. the Inverter still didn’t connect to the Fusion Solar servers.
I can see the smart dongle got an IP address assignement from DHCP.
I disconnected the dongle, rebooted inverter, Fusion Solar connects once again.
Surpirisingly I can no connect once again with the wlcr’s integration via in the internal wireless card. I guess it’s only a matter of time before it fails again, but I’ll take a small win when I can.
I re-read the guide on connecting the smart-dongle.

Thanks for the tips so far!

#UPDATE: Access was short lived via the internal AP. It’s been unavailable for most of the afternoon. I’ll review the installation instructions of the smart-dongle see if I can get it going. :slight_smile:

Good morning. I have same problem. I have found the following thread in huawei’s support forum

Answer from Huawei is to contact support by email.

In my case, I connect to sun2000 wifi but without DCHP protocol, only using fixed IP for HomeAssistant WIFI, like:

IP: 192.168.200.20
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Default route: 192.168.200.1
DNS: 192.168.200.1

Using fixed IP shows to be more stable than using DHCP provided by sun2000.

Also, when trying to configure SUN2000 via APP, is necessary to disconnect/disable wifi connection of HA to SUN2000, while using the APP.

I’m not sure, but I thought you should connect to the Dongle with Modbus TCP, not the inverter. This works very well for me and I have not had any connection issues at all with the Modbus/HA connection since I enabled it back in November…

I’d certainly prefer to use the dongle over the internal adapter.
I’ll persevere. I assume using the dongle will allow connection to the fusion solar environment and HA simultaneously?

I actually follow the guide… :+1:

Hi

Received the latest fw ending with 133 for the dongle.
Disconnected the dongle and connected it again, was able to log on but when I choose upgrade dongle I can’t find my fw and I’m not able to choose a location where the fw I stored

How do I do it?

Niklas

Hi again,
So I enabled unrestricted modbus TCP via the installer account with the Sun2000 app per this screenshot:

I confirm, all good.
I then go and navigate to the Management system settings, tick the I have been authorised by the user to connect to the management system, click connect and I’m instructed to confirm via the QR code below, to complete the management system connection in the Fusion Solar App:

I don’t have an installer login for the Fusion solar app, so am unable to complete the connection to the management system (I assume).
When I log into the app with my end user ID my system is offline:

I’m unabel to do anything at this point as I’m offline and I assume only have read-only access at best even if I were online…
I check my DHCP scope on my router I did find one called ‘lwip’ which is my FE connected interface on the inverter.

I can connect locally to the inverter (via wlcr’s integration), even though it’s not ‘online’ via the internal WLAN interface.
I probably need to create an installer account and complete the last step to get my FE interface enabled via the Fusion Solar App?
I’ve yet to reconfigure my integration connected to the WLAN interface…

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Update: I was unable to connect via the FE interface in HA. I’ve since removed the FE dongle and rebooted the inverter. Back online now.

Many thanks!

Just to reiterate, you can have only ONE connection to the inverter (modbus TCP, AP or RS485). As soon as you try to connect another device you can have issues.
As the wiki states: The SDongleA-05 dongle interferes with devices connected to the RS485A1 and RS485B1 pins on the inverter. If your inverter has such a dongle installed, we recommend connecting to the Modbus-TCP port exposed by that dongle instead.

1 Like

Thanks for that.
Makes sense. I guess it’d be good to be able to disconnect the internal wireless port in my case. but can’t do this without an installer account (I assume)?

Why would you turn off the AP?
There’s no need to do that, and AFAIK there’s no way to turn the AP off. You would lock yourself out of the inverter.

That also makes sense. I guess what I’d assume I could do would be to:
Disable the internal wireless port for internet/local traffic (via router, direct comms okay).
Enable the FE interface to poll locally and to connect to FusionSolar.

Have I gotten myself completely confused?

I think you are looking at all this from a far too complicated angle. The real issue seems to be that your SDongle isn’t connecting properly. Once that works you should be good to go.
What are your Firmware versions for Dongle, Inverter and Battery?

Hi
Anybody upgraded their dongle and could tell me where to store the fw on iPhone for access

Cheers

There should be some documentation next to the download.

Hi
Yes the fw is on iPhone but will not show up on dongle I can’t see manually select?

Hi all,

TLDR:
Is it possible to have access to Fusion solar while using Serial connection?
Is Serial connection with cascaded inverters possible

here is my setup:

• SUN2000-10KTL-M1
    FW: V100R001C00SPC148 - Slave ID 1
  • SUN2000-8KTL-M1
    FW: V100R001C00SPC148 - Slave ID 2
  • SDongleA-05 FW
    V100R001C00SPC125
  • Battery connected to 10KTL
  • Power Sensor connected to 10 KTL
    I am running the integration over the dongle, and it works okay beside the initial set up that I did run ~20 - 50

I will get an electrical car in May and wanted to add EVCC - Modbus allows only 1 connection to the device currently - so I stumbled over modbus proxy
I did set up Modbus proxy and I set up the integration again, and I was able to connect after a view tries.
I let it run a day and next day started to add evcc and this worked as well as - both services get the data except the home assistant integration started to be unavailable every 1–3 minutes for around a minute.
Some investigation and other users have the same issue. It seems the USB Dongle does not provide enough speed to handle the multiple requests.

Now I would like to know if it is possible to have a serial connection with my setup and don’t lose the connection to FusionSolar portal.

Maybe a “Solution” would be to make the timeout value a variable from pymodbus as it is currently only 3 secs.

Any thoughts or suggest?

Hi I had everything up and running fine with the previous version, 1.16 but updating to 1.20 broke something, after update of the integration and HA restart I now get:

“Failed to read register 43006 after 6 tries” any suggestions on how fix this? I cant downgrade the plugin it seems :frowning:

UPDATE: I restored a HA backup I had and now I’m back with 1.16 and connection is fine again. If I can send a log or help in any other way just tell

UPDATE 2: I guess it has something to do with this? Component error: modbus - Exception importing homeassistant.components.modbus · Issue #85869 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

2 Likes

Here you can find an answer to your question :wink: Daily Solar Yield · wlcrs/huawei_solar Wiki · GitHub