Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

Can someone test the following please…

If you have a Luna2000 battery connected to your system, please use the “Battery Charge from Grid” switch and then check how long it takes for that setting to actually stick.
For me the “switch” immediately slides back to it’s original position, but if I wait exactly 10 Minutes then the setting actually turns to enabled/disabled.
I am not sure whether this is a bug or just a limitation from the Modbus/TCP implementation and would like to collect some more data before submitting a bug report. I don’t get any errors or log entries (that I could find) so it seems like the action of flipping that switch simply takes 10 Minutes…as though there is an exact timer or something…:man_shrugging:

Hi

I am able to connect to the inverter through Modbus, everything works as expected but my FusionSolar app is given a connection error since then.
Can somebody confirm that your inverter cannot connect to both, via modbus & via solar cloud at same time?

Mine works fine with Modbus+Cloud. I connect the integration to the Sdongle IP and can use the app and Webinterface just like always

1 Like

Yes me too, through the dongle wired, modbus tcp. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

1 Like

I just tested this and I’m noticing the same 10 minutes behavior when turning ON/OFF switch in HA.

1 Like

Thank you. Then it’s not just my system

Someone raised an issue on github - #272 - , where he mentions (amongst other things) that he’s not being able to toggle Charge from grid. I don’t know if he did wait for the 10 minutes to pass.
Might be related. @wlcrs ?

1 Like

@wlcrs Dear Thijs, if you find some time, could you point me to the Huawei documentation that mentions these “Fixed charging periods”, and what they do exactly? I apparently have 3 of them set up in my installation, but I don’t remember setting this up (nor can I see any related action of the inverter side at the corresponding period).

Amazing work BTW. I love the new additions with the charging period setup services.

Are you referring to TOU? If yes, here’s a picture from huawei solar:

My case scenario: electricity price is the same the whole day, except that between 9PM and midnight I get free power. So I have automated my inverter/battery to be in Maximise Self Consumption mode between 00-9PM and TOU between 9PM and 0 +/- 1 minute.

I’ve set the TOU as 21:01-23:59/1234567/+, where 1234567 = every day o the week and + = charge.

No, not the TOU. The new 1.2 version shows 3 different types of periods:

Capacity control periods (very nicely documented, by Thijs I guess)

TOU charging periods (which I also automated)

and

Fixed charging periods.

I’m referring to this last set of periods. I noticed I have 3 charging periods declared but I don’t remember setting this up (and I don’t see any effect either). I went back to the most recent user manual of the LUNAs on Huawei web site and I could not find a trace of them: what are they, what do they do, how do you activate them,…

I have been trying to figure this out for weeks, I have searched high and low, but no one seems to know.

I’m interested to see your method foe automating TOU periods if you are willing to share?

1 Like

I found this that may be interesting:

I’m surprised I did not find it on the Huawei site. I haven’t dived in it yet.

My automation with TOU is similar to the automation of Joem above. For the moment I just set the TOU periods manually and HA is in charge of shifting from/to TOU and Maximize Self Consumption modes depending on the tarifs of my provider. Nothing fancy really.

Ciao,
I’m trying to install the integration but I’m getting the following error:

Home Assistant Home Assistant 2022.11.3
Frontend 20221108.0 - latest
v1.1.6 of this integration

DEBUG (MainThread) [pymodbus.client.tcp] Connecting to 192.168.200.1:6607.
DEBUG (MainThread) [pymodbus.client.tcp] Connecting.
DEBUG (MainThread) [pymodbus.client.base] Client connected to modbus server
DEBUG (MainThread) [huawei_solar.huawei_solar] Reading register 43006
ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform huawei_solar.sensor: Platform not found (cannot import name ‘UnitOfElectricCurrent’ from ‘homeassistant.const’ (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/const.py)).`

1000 thanks to anyone who can give me a tip
Sorry for my English

Hi,

First off brilliant integration.
I am using this since 1.20 version and everything is working fine.
I got a notice to upgrade this morning to 1.21 and once I did, it refused to connect with error " Modbus integration fails to reconnect"

Downgrading to 1.20 sorted the issue and I am back up and running with elevated permissions.

I am connecting using the network method directly to the inverter via the network IP the inverter uses in my home network on port 6607. I have a static IP defined in my router and I reconnected the inverter to my wifi with Internal O&M set.

I’ve tried connecting via the Local O&M option with the newest firmware but this option keeps reverting.

When I check this page: Connecting to the inverter · wlcrs/huawei_solar Wiki · GitHub

Anybody has got a clue how I can enable this?

I can’t seem to find exactly what is needed to connect this via Serial, the inverter is connected via a 4G dongle (USB) by the company who installed this, so i cant connect via this option.

same here. just downgraded to 1.20 and now it works again

Mine works just fine with the latest version…:woman_in_lotus_position:

The last version worked fine for a time and now… " Modbus integration fails to reconnect" too. Restarting the extension does not help, rebooting HA does not help. Will try to downgrade.

And downgrading… does not help either. Something weird is going on.

As the wiki states enabling that option is a bit buggy, may need multiple tries.
Did anyone of you trey to restart the inverter?

To be honest, I’m not ticking some of the wiki boxes, but my system performs well.

• I did not reserve a fixed IP for my inverter (yet), my DHCP lease time is pretty high
  • Local O&M is not ticked under the router options

Now that I see all these issues, I’m kind of afraid to touch the O&M option in my settings.

PS
could you state the FW versions of your inverter/dongle?

I my case:

• Inverter: V200R001C00SPC125
  • Dongle: V100R001C00SPC130