Integration Solar inverter huawei 2000L

hello

why it stay like this?

“To be executed”

Hey guys, I have a new installation with a SUN2000 KTL10 M1. I see there are multiple ways to monitor the inverter into HA and not everything is as reliable as far as I can see.
I want to monitor all my energy with HA/InfluxDB/Graphana I wonder what’s the most reliable way to track my inverter.
Or should I just buy a 3 phase kWh meter with HA support and install that after the inverter if reliability is important?

Hi Guys,

sinds a week of 2 i can’t connect to my inverter.
Is there a solution?

Failed to connect:

14:44:56 – (WAARSCHUWING) runner.py - bericht kwam voor het eerst om 12:42:07 en verschijnt 189 keer

Aborting client creation due to error.

14:44:51 – (FOUT) /usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py - bericht kwam voor het eerst om 12:42:28 en verschijnt 63 keer

Giving up _do_read(…) after 6 tries (huawei_solar.exceptions.ConnectionInterruptedException: Modbus client is not connected to the inverter.)

14:44:51 – (FOUT) Huawei Solar (aangepaste integratie) - bericht kwam voor het eerst om 12:42:28 en verschijnt 63 keer

Modbus client is not connected to the inverter.

14:44:51 – (FOUT) /usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py - bericht kwam voor het eerst om 12:41:56 en verschijnt 378 keer

Failed to connect:

14:44:19 – (WAARSCHUWING) Huawei Solar (aangepaste integratie) - bericht kwam voor het eerst om 12:41:55 en verschijnt 63 keer’

anyone figured out what the fixed charging periods are? What they do, how to use them, how to reset them?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi rikerik, totally new to automations for fusionsolar. Interested in how you went about setting up automations for TOU depending on weather forecasts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Random question… did anyone had issues when moving to V200R001C00SPC130 firmware?

I did the update, then the inverter never starts up. Once reverting to V200R001C00SPC124 firmware, everything works fine.

All ok with mine …

1 Like

@wlcrs: Have you seen the latest modbus definitions for the M3-Series inverters (firmware SUN2000MA V100R001C20SPC122)? There seem to be a lot of new values (e.g. fan runtime, RCD leakage current, multiple internal component temperatures).

Do you have optimisers?

I didnt ask for them but my installer added 3 of them for some reason, I have 15 panels facing South. From Dublin, Ireland. So I didnt really need them since there is no shading of trees or chimneys.

Seems like they cant be updated, keeps saying version mismatch.

Hello:

Yes i have optimizers and they have been updated to the lastest version last week. Yes weird to have optimziers if you have no shades etc. I have in all panels beacuse of shades.
No idea why you have that error …

all the best

Yea weird one, when I called the installers, they were asking me why I had them :smiley: jokers…

Anyhow, managed to update the optimisers then the inverter followed by the battery. All seems to be good now, fingers crossed.

Seems like best practice is to update via the web console and when the sun is out full blast (so everything is fully up and running)

1 Like

Hello,

I’m new to Home Assistant and finally got a connection to my SUN2000-4KTL-L1 (inverter on fw.130 and MBUS on fw.330) with a wired connection to port 502 (6607 is closed) on an internal IP-address with slave ID set to 1 and elevated permissions active. However, after about a minute it drops the connection and it only comes back for a minute after restarting HA.

Settings \logs states:

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: custom_components.huawei_solar
     Source: helpers/update_coordinator.py:182
     Integration: Huawei Solar
     First occurred: 09:03:25 (1 occurrences)
     Last logged: 09:03:25

Timeout fetching BT22Cxxxxxxx_data_update_coordinator data

Detailed logs states:
2023-03-11 09:03:25.459 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.huawei_solar] Timeout
fetching BT22Cxxxxxxx_data_update_coordinator data

Also, when making the connection with elevated permissions, I was excpecting it to ask for the installer password. It didn’t. The elevated permission (only?) adds the ability to swith the inverter on/of.

I should be on the latest version of HA (OS).

Any help would be welcome. If I need to check something, a bit more detailed instructions would be helpfull seeing as even simple tasks in HA seem to take me a while to figure out.

Cheers

It’ll depend on what reliabilty means to you, as in, to the minute or to the day or so on.

I’m running two inverters and connecting to the Wifi interface on each, with HA running on a raspi4 with two wifi dongles. It connects to one on 192.168.100.1 and another on 192.168.200.1.

Occasionally, usually when rebooting the raspi4, one of the wifi dongles disconnects and needs the password re-entering. Probably once every couple of months. If it drops and I don’t notice then I can miss a few hours of stats, if I re-connect it the same day the daily stats are still accurate - for me, that’s accurate enough.

YMMV of course! :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,

I am planning to install a SUN2000-6KTL M1 at my home and want to integrate it with HomeAssistant. I’m wondering what’s the most reliable way to connect it to my HomeAssistant setup.

Should I connect it directly to the inverter DHCP IP or should I set up a network bridge on OpenWRT and connect via the inverter AP? Additionally, I’m curious about whether there are any benefits to using a Modbus RTU to TCP device over one of the network solutions mentioned above. Would it allow me to access anything additional?

Thank you for your help!

If you’re going to get the installer account password, I recommend the wired connection to the dongle and reserve an IP in OpenWRT. The integration does not support changing the IP address.

Is there any reason to use the dongle over the Elfin-EW11 that is much cheaper (other than the easier setup) ?

I would recommend avoiding the Huawei SDongleA if possible. It is not possible to combine it with a serial connection (like the Elfin-EW11), and causes an additional load on the inverter, leading to read-errors by the inverter.

The only valid usecase for the SDongleA is if you want to use the FusionSolar cloud for logging and need a wired connection to your inverter due to lack of WiFi-coverage, or if you have multiple inverters installed in a cascaded setup.

1 Like

I would like to be able to rely on real time info. I have a full electric house with a heatpump and I would like to make automatitions based on what the solar panels are producing to keep my “purchased” electricity as low as possible.

My Sun2000 was delived with a dongle and so far it’s working without issues. I also purchased the EW11 and wired everything, but I haven’t connected it yet to the inverter because the dongle seems to be working reliable at the moment.

You don’t really want to be switching a heatpump on and off very often, they’re more efficient when they’re set to temperature compsensate for themselves and left to run - so you will probably find the reliability is more than enough for this purpose.

(I also have a heatpump and do the same, but generally the heatpump controller takes care of itself based on outside temperature).

Exactly this, shouldnt treat heat pumps like traditional boilers.

Trust me, I learnt it the hard way :smiley:

Basically for a heat pump, it is most efficient when it is just maintaining temp, it just keep topping up a few Whs every couple of hours on a cold day. However if the temps drops a couple of degrees inside your house cause you turned it off, it needs many kWhs to bring the temp back up.

1 Like