IntesisHome DIY clone?

Hi all,

A friend of mine has an AC that requires the IntesisHome module to connect it to wifi and automate it, but it’s 245 euros a piece.

Is there a DIY alternative like the DIY thermostat hack by @DrZzs ?

The AC has a 3 wires for the IntesisHome module, red white and black

Hey! Did you find anything on this topic? I was also wondering if it would be possible to work something out without spending more than 200€ on this module…

Thanks!

Nope, it’s my friend’s AC and I wasn’t able to get access to the AC itself and see how the comms pins are labelled.

Maybe if someone that has the module can stick some probes to the wires and try to reverse engeneer the comms especially if those are traditional serial rx/tx pins, the module can potentially be replaced with a 2$ Wemos D1 mini.

What kind of AC? are we talking about central AC or Split AC? How do you activate the AC? IR Remote? Need more informations.

In my case for example: I’m using a Split Daikin AC which is popular in Indonesia. To make it work I used single plugs which monitor the usage of electricity combine with a broadlink universal remote and temperature sensor. Its done and very cheap solutions.

Hi @KingRichard,

In my case it is a central HVAC with wired remote control mounted on a wall. No IR…

The interface module @ejalal is probably talking about and the one I also considered for my installation is this one: https://www.intesis.com/products/ac-interfaces/fujitsu-gateways/fujitsu-ascii-wifi-vrf-fj-rc-wmp-1

@ejalal: found this project to reverse engineer the remote of this type of AC, but it looks like the project is abandoned: https://hackaday.io/project/19473-reverse-engineering-a-fujitsu-air-conditioner-unit

Then, a guy in the comments says he has worked out a solution for a very similar control, but I must confess I do not master electronics to even begin understanding what his files mean. :joy: Anyway, if you do, there might be a lead there for you to work it out.

Cheers