IOS notification not working in IOS 13

did you allow the app to use notifications (not the exact name, please check to be sure) during the startup of the app for the first time. As noted elsewhere, people easily can miss that necessary step… If not, delete the app, and reinstall. Check each service individually with the button on the right side of the screen. They all need the checkmark

• Please give permissions to the app.
  • Watch the app set up its integration etc.
  • Once onboarding is complete, restart Home Assistant, then once Home Assistant is back online, force-close the app and reopen. This step is necessary so the notify service can register.

also, be sure to update your push_id settings in the app settings

Yes all that was done, i granted the correct permissions required but I still dont get push _id in my mobile app.

Issue is now solved. The main reason I was not getting the push id and I say this because I tried everything else must have been my pihole. The second I disabled it to perform the reset of the app and perform the same steps i have done many times now unsuccessful it ended up working. Push ID was registered. Now to feed my curiosity does the system need to reach out somewhere to perform any sort of check in which pihole would have blocked or was this just a red herring

Any number of Apple Services servers that administer Push ID registration could have been blocked by PiHole. I couldn’t give you a list, but go digging through your logs in PiHole and look for any blocked apple servers.

thx @stylesx I had the same problem with pihole

Has anyone noticed if this is happening after they use Personal Hotspot? I noticed issues with my home and away notices not working when I have the hotspot on in the car for the kids’ tablets. If I travel by myself all works fine. Rebooting my phone set it back from 2500 to 65.

I’ve got a similar problem with my iOS device also running V13.X
I had duplicate entries for my device, which I removed and have recreated my device, reset caches, allowed app notifications at the time of installing the app. I’ve updated my automations, scripts, etc.
Front end of the app works fine (on WiFi), I don’t allow remote access.
Unable to receive notifications on my device. Other notifications on other devices is okay.
Seems it’s just me…
Not sure what else I can try. A bigger hammer anyone?

Apologies - I probably should have this question in a different place. It’s kinda related, but not…
However… trawling through my log file, I see this:

Logger: homeassistant.components.mobile_app.notify
Source: components/mobile_app/notify.py:153
Integration: Mobile App (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:36:25 AM (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:17:16 AM

Requested entity was not found.
My mobile changes entity_id each time I reset its app settings.

Log Details (ERROR)

Logger: homeassistant.components.ios.notify
Source: components/ios/notify.py:103
Integration: Home Assistant iOS (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:36:21 AM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:15:41 AM

Endpoint is disabled

I can’t find where the heck to check for disabled endpoints…

Last post on this.
I’ve deleted all instances of my iPhone I could find, reinstated the integration for my phone one last time.
Removed the App from my device, logged in again, notifications allowed… And it’s working again.
Odd.

Thanks to anyone who may have started to think about and perhaps respond to my problem.

This community is awesome!

I noticed today that notifications to my iPhone stopped working, while my wife’s worked fine.
Both on the same iOS version and app version.

When I tried to call the notify service from the dev tools, my phone never got the notifications either but the error count in the app settings > notifications went up by one every time I tried.

Then I went into my Pi-hole and disabled it, and re-enabled it and then it started working again.

What’s weird is that my wife’s worked fine even before I disabled Pi-hole… on the same Wi-fi of course. Weird.

1 Like

Mine’s broken again… Just mine though.
Weird.
Still trying to figure out what’s gone wrong and how to get it back.
sigh

1 Like

same here no fix anyone ?

I deleted ios.conf . Reinstalled etc

First check to see if the notify service exists, then Restart HA. The only issue I had was after I reset the notifier ID, I had to restart HA so it knew of the new notification ID and then the service showed up and notifications worked.

Thank you.
I must’ve done something similar.
I removed the integration for my iPhone (was in there twice), removed the app from my phone, restarted HA, reinstated the iOS integration (logged in via the app), restarted HA. Reset the notification settings in the app.
Bit of a heavy handed approach. But it came good eventually.
The other phones continued to work throughout though.
I appreciate the response. Your recommendation was much shorter than my method… :slight_smile:

I just updated the app too and now have no notifications.
I also now have two identical iPhones showing up in HA.

Where do I delete them from?

In all other respects, the app works fine including  watch actions.

Is this is still a problem for you?
Sorry just saw this post…

Thank you, @CrouchingWorm, all sorted now.

I deleted all iOS devices, reinstalled the app, and all is good.

Good to hear… NP.

So this means you had to disable Pi-Hole when installing the HA companion app and registering the device, right?

In other words: disabling Pi-Hole for the moment of actually sending notifications was not sufficient?

(asking because of Notifications sent but not shown on devices (cross-platform issue for Android and iOS devices))

Managed to fix it for the iPhone (see Notifications sent but not shown on devices (cross-platform issue for Android and iOS devices))

BUT for Android this is not working, my device still does not receive/show any notifications :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: