IR ESPHome Climate control receiving the transmitted codes sent to AC Whirlpool

Hi there,

I have sucesfully configured an ESP-01M with an integrated IR RX and TX ESP-01M. However when I sent a command to the AC to i.e Heat mode, 22 degrees, the aircon receives the message fine but also the IR_TX receives that code sent and messes up the status in the climate card. I would like to keep the receiver enabled but avoid the reading of commands for a second after a TX command is sent. I was thinking on implementing this with a lambda, but I have not found much documentantion in this sense.

Has anyone had this problem before?

this is part of my YAML:

esphome:

name: irACcontrol

friendly_name: irACcontrol

esp8266:

board: esp01_1m

# Enable logging

logger:

# Enable Home Assistant API

api:

encryption:

key: ".............."

ota:

password: ".............."

wifi:

ssid: ####

password: #####

captive_portal:

remote_receiver:

id: rcvr

pin:

number: GPIO14 #checked

inverted: true

dump: all

# Configure the IR LED: this one sends commands to other devices

remote_transmitter:

pin: GPIO4 #checked

carrier_duty_percent: 50%

climate:

- platform: whirlpool

model: DG11J1-91

name: "Aire dormitorio "

receiver_id: rcvr

May you please explain more in details ? how can it mess the card as it’s just data you sent that is the setting applied at AC system and that AC system will also confirm back :wink:

Thanks Vincen fort he response. Sorry I din’t mean that. It’s not messing the climate card in HA, it’s just a feedback loop that is causing issues in the definitive status of the card after the message is sent.
I think the problem is that the IR receiver is having a feedback loop of the message sent by the IR Transmitter, they are 5mm apart from each other.

I was thinking on avoiding IR Receiver messages for some miliseconds after the IR trasmitter sent the code. Using a filter or lambda function?

Sorry but I don’t get it what is the problem there :frowning: esphome handles automatically the fact that it receives also what it sends :sunglasses:

I believe the problem is in the IR Whirlpool platform only. As I have tested with other platforms and they are working fine. It seems that it sends twice the command transmitted but the second command changes state (from HEAT to OFF ) or (From OFF to HEAT)

This is the issue I am facing with Whirlpool:

Also happens with Midea

Good afternoon, I have a Galactic air conditioner in the Whirlpool enclosure. I have the same problem as you, can you please tell me how to solve it?