Is it possible to install an add on not in the store?

If I’m correct in my understanding of how hass.io works, it creates a new docker workspace for each add on, correct? If so, is there a way to create a blank space where I can install my service manually via command line?

I’d like to install Polyglot node server for the ISY

You posted a similar question my answer is the same

What is involved in creating an add on? I assume one part is setting up a workspace (excuse my lack of terminology) and the other part is running a script similar to what you would use at a command prompt? Then I suppose you have to register it with HA. Not to mention stop/start/uninstall scripts.

Ah, found this

https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/en/hassio_addon_tutorial.html

Might be easier if I can get the author to create this.

I also would love to see this. It seems silly to have Polyglot running on it’s own Pi if it could just run as an HA addon. After looking over the above tutorial, I’ not sure I’m up to creating an HA add-on though! Has anyone done this?

I’ve been futzing around trying to get polyglot working on HA, and I have just about reached the point where I’m convinced it can’t be done. The big stumbling block is that Polyglot v2 requires mongo – so you need a way of running two containers that depend on each other, or a container with two processes (probably via. supervisord).

I also can’t find a working version of Mongo that will run in the HA addon base images. There isn’t one for alpine or debian. The one for 18.04 won’t install on arm, as it’s missing the dependencies. Mongo doesn’t provide any arm images at all, so I can’t even go with mongo-org packages. And I can’t even use a multi-stage build and pull mongo from and existing image, as there aren’t any docker images for mongo that support arm either.

If anyone has had any luck with this I would love to hear about it. I’ve done a lot of docker work in my day job, but this one has me stumped.