Is "mobile_app.yaml" a special filename?

I’m writing this in the hope that somebody has an explanation for me. Here’s the situation:

I use packages to define my HA config, as I’m sure many others do. I have this line in my configuration.yaml:

packages: !include_dir_named packages

Deep in the depths of my config folder, I have a file called mobile_app.yaml. It has a couple of automations and scripts relating to when you click on an action on a notification sent by the android mobile app.

I wish it had taken me less time to notice this, but yesterday, I noticed that when I clicked an action in one of those notifications, nothing was happening. I turned on debug logging and found that the notification was being received.I saw the event mobile_app_notification_action was being fired, so I searched in my configuration, and it brought me to my mobile_app.yaml. Sure enough, there are all the automations that should be handling this event.

Next, I went to make sure that those automations hadn’t been accidentally turned off, as can happen with my fat fingers and anxious clicking. Turns out they’re not turned off – they’re GONE. This file is in my configuration folder, my configuration checks are passing, and yet these automations are not showing up.

I restart HomeAssistant. Still not there.

I check the permissions on that particular file (because automations from other files in the folder are showing up); they’re all good. I try renaming some of the entities in the offending file. No good.

On a lark, I copy the file to a new name. Now there are two copies of all these automations and scripts. I run check configuration – no problems. I have duplicates of several entities and the config check is not catching it. I reload automations, and the ones from the new file show up.

Just to make sure I’m not crazy, I create a THIRD copy of the file and check my config again. This time it finally fails in the way I expect.

In the end, I’ve just renamed mobile_app.yaml to android_app.yaml and everything seems to be back to normal. But WHY??? Is mobile_app.yaml a special filename? Is this a bug?

Edit: These automations were present and working at one point, I’m just not sure at what point they stopped showing up.