Is there a map of the core software?

I’ve looked over the developer documentation, which look like a pretty awesome overview. I’ve watched the PYCON 2016 seminar which goes through a good example. What I’m looking for is a map of the software. Something that maps out the Classes, property’s, methods, and functions. I’m lost at trying to read and understand how the core does it’s thing. I does not help that I’m only a beginner Python student, and I have to stop and learn many things alone the way to try and understand some of the code. For example, yesterday I didn’t know what a decorator was, so I had to stop and learn about them to understand what @property meant before I could move on. But now that I know what @property means and does, I cannot find the property function so I can decipher what it does??? There are a ton of imports and I don’t know where they are coming from and where to find them. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I can’t help you with the core functionality, but for the specific question you ask about the property decorator, it is a built in python function.

https://docs.python.org/3/library/functions.html#property

If you are trying to search for stuff on github, it is sometimes easier to git clone the repo and use grep to find shit.

Thanks guys.

I also recommend a context aware python editor such as vscode.

Often you can ctrl-click imported packages to look at them even if you don’t really know where they are stored.