SOLVED: Issue with Aqara Water Sensor trigger Pushover notification

I’ve got a few Aqara / Xiaomi zigbee water sensors on my network. They’re working fine and detect wet / dry correctly. I wanted to setup a notification to Pushover if they detect a leak. I’ve created the Automation below, it works if I manually execute it (I get the message on Pushover) however if i make the sensor wet the automation never fires. What am I doing wrong?!

- id: '1612977328119'
  alias: Send Pushover alert if the Washing Machine leaks
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - entity_id: binary_sensor.lumi_lumi_sensor_wleak_aq1_69d02f04_ias_zone
    platform: state
    to: 'Wet'
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      message: A water leak has been detected under the Washing Machine
      title: Water Leak Detected!
    service: notify.pushover
  mode: single

Change the values of from and to as shown below:

trigger:
  - entity_id: binary_sensor.lumi_lumi_sensor_wleak_aq1_69d02f04_ias_zone
    platform: state
    to: 'on'

A binary_sensor’s states are on and off. You can confirm that by inspecting the leak sensor in Developer Tools > States.

This binary_sensor’s device_class is set to moisture so, for display purposes in the Lovelace UI, its states (off and on) are shown using the words Dry and Wet. However, those words should not be used in a template to determine the binary_sensor’s actual state.

1 Like

Doh, so close! Working now - thanks!

1 Like

Glad to hear it solved the problem.

Please consider marking my post (above) with the Solution tag. It will automatically place a check-mark next to the topic’s title which signals to other users that this topic has an accepted solution. Effectively, it indicates this topic is resolved and helps other users find answers to similar questions.