Issue with Webhook

I’m trying to use webhooks for automations but home-assistant.log is throwing errors when I test them.

The good news is that HA actually receives the data, however only when I test the webhook through reqbin.com. When I try it from MotionEye it doesn’t send the webhook, even though motion detection is working. That seems to be another issue though. For now I would just like to fix the error in HA.

Any help would be appreciated.

2024-05-20 11:45:09.692 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.webhook] Error processing webhook My_webhook_ID*
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/webhook/init.py”, line 178, in async_handle_webhook
response: Response | None = await webhook[“handler”](hass, webhook_id, request)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/webhook/trigger.py”, line 64, in _handle_webhook
base_result[“json”] = await request.json()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/init.py”, line 278, in json
return json_loads(await self.read())
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/json.py”, line 48, in json_loads
return orjson.loads(__obj) # type:ignore[no-any-return]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
orjson.JSONDecodeError: Input is a zero-length, empty document: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

There’s no payload data being sent with the webhook. That’s the error. You’d have to look at what MotionEye is sending in the payload to figure out why.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! I ended up trying different settings in the MotionEye webhook configuration and the one that works for me is to select POST (query) under HTTP method. Works now!