Jaguar Landrover InControl Integration

This is a thread for discussing the Jaguar Landrover InControl integration. Please feel free to post questions here. Please use github to log issues with the integration.

4 Likes

Hi, thanks for your work on this component. It installed smoothly via HACS and all the sensors are readily available. I am getting errors when trying to call a service (specifically vehicle start), however and am curious about the following:

1. What is the method used to create the service call buttons in the documentation? An example would be appreciated.
  2. Please also post an example of a service call. I am getting errors about extra keys not allowed in the vehicle start service and I am not clear what I am doing wrong.

I think there is a bug in the service description. Instead of temperature it should say target_value. I will update this in the next release but if you call the service with the following service data it should work.

entity_id: sensor.my_car_info
pin: <your pin>
target_value: 42

The buttons are just entity buttons in a vertical/horizontal stack that call a service. Example below:

cards:
  - cards:
      - entity: lock.my_car_doors
        hold_action:
          action: more-info
        icon: 'mdi:car-door-lock'
        name: Lock Doors
        show_icon: true
        show_name: true
        tap_action:
          action: call-service
          service: jlrincontrol.lock_vehicle
          service_data:
            pin: XXXX
        type: button
      - entity: lock.my_car_doors
        hold_action:
        icon: 'mdi:car-door'
        name: Unlock Doors
        tap_action:
          service: jlrincontrol.unlock_vehicle
          service_data:
    type: horizontal-stack
  - cards:
      - entity: sensor.my_car_info
        hold_action:
        name: Start Engine
        tap_action:
          service: jlrincontrol.start_vehicle
          service_data:
            target_value: 43
      - entity: sensor.my_car_info
        hold_action:
        icon: 'mdi:car-off'
        name: Stop Engine
        tap_action:
          service: jlrincontrol.stop_vehicle
          service_data:
    type: horizontal-stack
type: vertical-stack

Hope this helps

1 Like

Perfect, yes that helps.

Could I ask what the ā€œ42ā€ refers to? I see that your documentation refers to a range of 31-57; in my app, the target is 22 degrees Celsius and changing this target does not seem to change the figure in the app. Does the 42 translate to a specific temperature?

The 42 is the temp. I have on my to do list to make this actual degrees C but the range is something like 31 is Lo, 32 is 16, 33 is 16.5 etc to 57 which is Hi. 42 is therefore 21 i think. Donā€™t know if the app target changes by setting this or just tels the car the temp to set the climate to. Havent been able to do as much testing as i would like due to lockdown.

Ok, no trouble. 42 works.

Been waiting ages for this! Excited to start using it now! Thanks!

Ben, good to hear. Let me know if you have any issues or thoughts for improvements.

Reporting back to say it all worked first time and gave the right information (Apart from tyre PSI, but the notes did mention this might be incorrect). Awesome piece of work!

All, just released v1.3.0 with a new status sensor that shows engine running status and fixes for tyre pressure attributes. Few other small fixes and updates to recipes too. Hope you enjoy!

Appreciated, thank you.

Hi,

Iā€™m using HASSIO, how can I install this integration?

Install via HACS

Thanks Mark

This was the missing piece in my Home Assistant, now its complete.

I have added the integration and able to see the sensor data. Havenā€™t tried services yet, will try and inform all good or any issue.

Journeys are disabled in my app as I found its not that useful, noticed last_trip sensor is unavailable in my configuration. Can this be configurable rather than being enabled all time.

BTW, my tester is 2020 RRS.

Good to hear. Yes, I will add to the issues list to not create the last trip sensor if privacy mode is enabled. Thanks for feedback.

Great bit of work. Thank you Mark.
Installed easily yesterday using HACS and today ā€˜Imperialisedā€™ the units to make it British. Iā€™ve not yet tried the Services as Iā€™m not too conversant with that part of HA and the weather is too good for camping out on PC.

My car is Jaguar IPace. @Mark Parker feel free to ask if there are any EV-specific aspects you need testing out.

Thanks DickiePhitt. Currently working on a couple of things for this.

1. Making it use UI config flow
  2. Improving the EV Battery sensor.

If you are conversant with installing a github branch version of an integration, any feedback on the new Battery sensor in the dev branch would be welcome. There is an issue on repo https://github.com/msp1974/homeassistant-jlrincontrol/issues/32 to provide any feedback.

All, after having surprisingly little time over the past few weeks, I have now released v2.0.0beta which includes config flow to be able to install and config options via the UI without rebooting.

Also, modified the services calls to allow local temp units.

Finally, added an improved EV sensor and deprecated the old EV sensor which will be removed in a future version.

If you could give it a try and let me know on my github if any issues.

1 Like

Version 2.1 released today with a new All Info sensor.

This sensor shows all attribute, status and position data received from the car. Not massively useful in itself butā€¦

This is to enable people to create their own sensor using any of this data that is not covered by the integration today. This can also be used in scripts and automations.

I have included an example template sensor of how to use this in the recipes document.

Feedback appreciated if this is a good, bad or downright rubbish idea.

1 Like

Hi Mark, first of all fantastic integration! I have everything working as hoped in terms of checking if the car is locked at bedtime / locking the doors if not etc!

One automation Iā€™m trying to achieve is a welcome home when the car enters the ā€˜Homeā€™ GPS area set on HA. From what I can tell it seems the car only reports its GPS location once the engine is stopped each time rather than a constantly updating position. I know the integration scan can be set to a minimum of 1 minute but am I correct in thinking the car doesnā€™t transmit its location all that frequently? (Iā€™ve had this set up with my phone before but it obviously hammers the battery life)

Any info appreciated!

Keep up the great work!

Kind regards

Mark