Just updated OS and.... can't connect

Hello, this morning I’ve updated the OS to the latest version anddd… I’m now locked out.
Sooner or later it had to happen.
When I connect (via Internet, I’m not at home until this evening) to my raspberry, there’s the message “Unable to connect to Home Assistant. Retry”. The system I think it’s not online, or not working, because I’ve an automation that fires at 12:00 and it did not started… any help? Thank you

I updated two separate instances of hassio running on rpi 4s and both failed to boot up after. I had to power cycle the pis and now they seem to be working fine. The update went through, maybe a bug?

Thanks for the warning. I won’t be updating remotely then.

what if I power cycled my Pi4 and it doesn’t come back online. :frowning:

Nevermind… had to double-reboot it. It just came back online.

1 Like

if you have the same issue as me, then you will have to manually power cycle the Pi. And I had to do it more than once before it came back online.

I updated to the 5.9 and i have power cycled 6 times already and it just dies/freezes. Someone said they got thiers working again with 4.6 so i’m going to try that…

Just arrived at home, tried some power cycle, but no luck atm… damn

edit: after 4/5 power cycle my pi booted.

OK so I did a clean install of 4.6 and recovered my snapshot from the 9th. Same problem still persists. Will run for about 20-30min then no connection…gonna try a clean install of 4.6 without the snapshot in the next couple of days. My guess is there is something amiss from one of the updates…and I rely on HA for a multitude of things when it comes to my kids, one being Autistic. Not having it working is making me pull out my hair…

Same here after update first no connection. Tried some power cycle and after 30 minutes running again. :slight_smile: