Kiosk Mode works, but doesn't work

[newbie; I did read the instructions for posting, and I spent hours searching for a solution - and I appreciate any/all assistance]

I installed Kiosk Mode - closely following the installation instructions, and, using another browser and logging in as a non-admin user, the kiosk mode does not work. However, in my attempts to resolve the issues, I added ?kiosk to the end of the url, and the dashboard displays in kiosk mode. That actually works on any of my dashboards without adding the kiosk code to the top of the dashboard yaml file.

For the particular dashboard that I want to have in kios mode, here is what I have at the top of the dashboard yaml file:

kiosk_mode:
non-admin_settings:
kiosk: true
hide_entity_seetings: true

And in my configuration yaml, I have:

frontend:
extra_module_url:
- /hacsfiles/kiosk-mode/kiosk-mode.js?v6.0.1

I actually have that same frontend statement in my ui-lovelace.yaml file, but, to be honest, I have spent so much time trying different options, I think I probably need to delete that.

Any guidedance to resolve the issue will be much appreciated. TY

Which instructions? If it’s this one, note that you have mis-spelled both non_admin_settings and hide_entity_settings.

I’m a bit suspicious of how long this feature has gone without an update.

When posting code, please use the </> button or surround it with three backticks:

```
CODE GOES HERE
```

so that it looks like this, with preserved indentation:

frontend:
  extra_module_url:
    - /hacsfiles/kiosk-mode/kiosk-mode.js?v6.0.1

Thanks for the help on the </>, I didn’t try hard enough to fill it out.

I think I just cried a little. Indeed, a ‘-’ is not a ‘_’ and it now works. I wish I posted earlier.

I ended up using the instructions from here: link

Thanks again.

1 Like

Maykar’s version has “ended”, active one is a fork from that one: https://github.com/NemesisRE/kiosk-mode

1 Like