Knx servers with public and documented api?

Hi,

I am going to deploy a KNX system and I would like to use a knx server which allows easy integration and automation. I would like to deploy a knx server which provides a public and documented API accesible over tcp/ip. Doing some google search I found this brand that provides a restful api in their knx servers:

http://www.thinknx.com/v4/en/products.html
http://www.thinknx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=integration_kit#api_urls

Do you know any other knx servers or brands that provide a public and documented api?

in case it’s helpul for others, I have found another three knx servers that provide an API.

KNX IP BAOS 777 provides three api protocols:

• KNX BAOS Binary A binary protocol that is especially suitable for small microcontroller

• KNX BAOS Web Services A URL-based protocol with JSON syntax compatible with KNX IP BAOS 771 and 772.

• KNX BAOS REST Services URL-based protocol with RESTful JSON syntax, which can be integrated into browser-based web applications

The Gira home server provides an integration api in the developers section

Siemens webserver OZW772 seems to provide an API but the api documentation is not public. At least that’s what’s mentioned in this forum post.

After some “research” I decided that I will use HA with the knx integration and the restul api in home assistant .

If this doesn’t fit my needs I will explore the restful api in openhab and its knx bindings

I think any of both solutions will be more flexible, portable and “future proof” than using the api of an specific knx device.

1 Like

Hi @pescobar thank you for sharing your findings.
Have you or anyone reviewed the fact that HA does not support KNX Secure as per the note “Please note, the knx platform does not support KNX Secure.”, and what implications does that have?
Do we know if it’s planned or can it be done (if so it will probably happen someday) that HA will be able to handle KNX Secure?
I am looking at using JUNG.DE hardware which is KNX compatible, has anyone had any experience on having a central server and controlling it all with HA on top?
Best regards,
Enric

The implications are simply that you can’t use an interface with Knx Secure turned on. It should be possible to disable this feature, then the HA integration should work fine.
No one working on xknx owns Knx Secure Hardware so this is not tested.
To implement it would theoretically be possible, but afaik there are currently no plans to do so.

Hello
Ian interested in the same topic and want to use the 777 in my project.
Could you share with us what did you done?
Thanks