Latest Docker Build + ALPR

Guys,

I can’t seem to apt-get alp binaries into the latest official docker - any suggestions?

??

apt-get is debian/ubuntu.

latest docker images are based on Alpine Linux…completely different OS

So that’s half an answer - care to suggest the alpine equivalent?

Looked it up its apk

ty

I’m sorry you feel that way. I figured me giving you information on what OS docker images are based on was enough to point you in the right direction.

Since I don’t know what ALP is, I can’t give you the exact command or package name (is it still ALP? I don’t know)…

If all you want is to know how to manage packages in Alpine, you should look that up

As you can see I did look it up.

ALP should be ALPR as per the subject and refers to openalpr. Interestingly according to docker hub the latest dockerfile for home-assistant (https://hub.docker.com/r/homeassistant/home-assistant/dockerfile) seems to be built from python:3.7-buster and not alpine.

Just tried a uname -a which seems to suggest ubuntu???

root@docker:/mnt/home-assistant/volumes/home-assistant# docker exec -it hass /bin/bash
bash-5.0# uname -a
Linux c284ce6bd643 4.15.0-62-generic #69-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 4 20:55:53 UTC 2019 x86_64 Linux

I am obviously looking at the wrong dockerfile - any idea where the latest one lives?

I’m just going off the blog post that states they made the change to Alpine.

the master branch?

but that is using apt-get isn’t that ubuntu?

Yeah. I don’t know what they’re using now…according to the blog post it’s Alpine…:man_shrugging: