In case anyone else is struggling to get the leaksmart to pair like I was, here are the steps to pair it (this is with a Conbee II an deconz but may work for other hubs/sticks).
- Put in batteries and ensure its in a pattern of about 5 quick flashes at a time.
- Start pairing in deconz (Open Deconz->Sensors->Add new Sensor->Other)
- Push the black button on the back of the leaksmart sensor.
- Wait… for about 30 seconds.
- You should hear 3 beeps and it will switch to a slow and consistent flash pattern to indicate pairing was successful
- Wait another minute to see the confirmation in deconz.
If after step 4 you have waited about 30 seconds and dont get the 3 beeps, try push the button on the sensor again. Try it a few times.
If the sensor doesn’t immediately go into pairing mode, it may need to be reset.
The official documentation is below, which suggests the following procedure:
To reset the sensor, remove the battery door, install
batteries, press and hold the black button for 15 seconds,
then let go. Then power cycle the sensor by removing and
reinstalling a battery. Upon reinstallation of the battery,
the sensor should chirp and the Blue LED light will flash 5
times every second. This indicates it’s properly reset and
ready to join the system.
That said, I didnt find that worked every time, and the instructions here did seem to work for me:
- Press and hold the button for 5-6 seconds .
- Pull 1 battery out, hold down the button.
- Push the battery back in and let go of the button immediately (as soon as the battery is in < 500ms), you should hear a short loud beep.
- Wait 4-5 seconds and press the button once quickly, don’t hold it down.
(thanks to this article here:http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=LeakSMART_Water_Sensor)