Lg webOs integration stop to work on hassio update

i had Hassio working correct with my LG webos television…
Now i just updated my hassio and now the lg webos integration stop to work. I already now that the configuration had a change beetween the two version of the hassio, and i tried to follow the new instruction… but nothing is working now

Before i had a the media_players.yaml that was like this:

- platform: webostv 
  host: 192.168.0.2 
  name: televisione 
  timeout: 7 
  filename: webostv.conf 
  turn_on_action: 
   service: wake_on_lan.send_magic_packet 
   data:
    mac: 14:C9:13:82:78:9A 
  customize: 
   sources: 
     - youtube 
     - netflix 
     - 'Amazon Prime Video'
     - livetv

now the media_players.yaml is empty and now my configuration.yaml is

tts:
  - platform: google_translate

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml

wake_on_lan:

webostv:
  host: 192.168.0.2 
  name: televisione 
  filename: webostv.conf 
  turn_on_action: 
   service: wake_on_lan.send_magic_packet 
   data:
    mac: "14:C9:13:82:78:9A"
  customize: 
   sources: 
     - youtube 
     - netflix 
     - 'Amazon Prime Video'
     - livetv

media_player: !include media_players.yaml

some one can help me and can show me why i’m doing wrong?

Did you run a config check? Per the release notes for 0.104 the filename option is no longer valid for that integration.
https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2020/01/15/release-104/#breaking-changes

i checked the configuration with the check configuration plugin and it say that everything was ok
But yes, you are right… i deleted the filename line and everything is now working fine.

thanks so much

That plugin is to detect breaking changes in your config. You should use the normal config checker from the main HA UI.

http://hassio.local:8123/config/server_control

In my case I did not have the filename: option in my configuration.yaml any more, but had the same issue. I looked in my config’ directory and found that I still had a webostv.conf file there (possibly from prior attempts at configuring the integration), and that was causing the problem - even though the option was not specified in my configuration.yaml. I renamed that file, restarted HASS, and then I received the notification in the front end, followed instructions and accepted the pairing request, and that solved the problem.

1 Like

Same for me, still not working after update from 0.103 to 0.104.x. Removed everything related to webostv including config files and NodeRed automations. As soon as I’m trying to pair I’m having next error:

create_connection() got an unexpected keyword argument 'ping_interval'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 134, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg),
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1226, in async_call
    await asyncio.shield(self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1251, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/configurator/__init__.py", line 235, in async_handle_service_call
    await self.hass.async_add_job(callback, call.data.get(ATTR_FIELDS, {}))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/webostv/__init__.py", line 159, in lgtv_configuration_callback
    await client.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiopylgtv/webos_client.py", line 126, in connect
    return await self.connect_result
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiopylgtv/webos_client.py", line 156, in connect_handler
    close_timeout=self.timeout_connect),
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/websockets/client.py", line 385, in __init__
    factory, host, port, **kwds)
TypeError: create_connection() got an unexpected keyword argument 'ping_interval'

WebOS 2, Hassio on Intel NUC, everything inside wired network, IP static

Same here. Got this after moving my TV from Ethernet to both Ethernet and WiFi. Before that, HA even did not even got to this paring request.

Issue now fixed in HA 0.106