LG Webostv error: no setup function defined

Enabling webostv: in my configuration results in the following error:

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for webostv: No setup function defined.

What does it mean? I’m on Home Assistant v101.3 on a Raspberry Pi, virtual environment installation, and I’m trying to connect to a new LG 55B9PLA.
I already did it in the past months, on previous installations of Home Assistant, I don’t know if something changed in the meanwhile.

Version 104 changed how to config the webostv in HA. In my opinion, doesn’t worth it to struggle with version 101.3 since you should upgrade somewhere in time. So I would suggest you to upgrade HA and rewrite you webostv config.

I don’t think I’ll update if there is not some cool functionality added, because I will risk of disrupting something that currently works.

My question is a little bit more technical: what does it mean “No setup function defined”? Why HA doesn’t find the setup method of the class defined in the WebosTV component? Anyone saw this kind of error with other components which can point to its cause?

I am on 107 and I have the same message:

# LG TV
notify:
wake_on_lan:

webostv:
  host: 192.168.1.31
  name: TV
  turn_on_action:
      service: wake_on_lan.send_magic_packet
      data:
      mac: "hidden"
  standby_connection: true

I can’t figure out what the problem is?

There is no longer a standby_connection option for the configuration. Not sure if that’s the problem, but try removing that. You might also have an indentation issue where you specify your MAC address.

This is my WebOS config

webostv:
  - host: 10.0.0.56
    name: LRTV
  - host: 10.0.0.127
    name: B9
    turn_on_action:
      service: wake_on_lan.send_magic_packet
      data:
        mac: "hidden"

Removed webostv.conf and update to 107.1. That solved the problem.