LIFX Bulbs wont change color

I have an automation set to Call Service - Lifx.effect_pulse with the following data

mode: strobe
color_name: deeppink
brightness: 255
period: 2
cycles: 5
entity_id: Light.Family_Room_Lamp

This has worked great until about a week or two ago when it still pulses and strobes, but it doesn’t change color. I have another automation that in teh morning flashes yellow and this doesn’t work either. I’m not sure whats going on.

I’ve had this problem too - lifx.effect_pulse used to change the color on the lamp (eg., color_name: blue) but since HA 2021.4 this doesn’t work for me.

I’ve submitted a bug at LIFX effect_pulse color attribute stopped with HA 2021.4 · Issue #49322 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

1 Like

Same here. Does any one have any work arounds? I’m using node red and I have to call lifx.set_state first and then only "hs_color" seems to work.

I first came across the problem in NodeRED (which just does service calls to Home Assistant) and so the problem exists in Home Assistant there as well

I get that it’s the lifx component in home assistant. I’m wondering if you have a way to make it work for now? Ive found that the following works in node-red with lifx.effect_pulse. hs_color is the only color variable that seem to work for lifx services.

{
    "mode": "strobe",
    "brightness": 255,
    "hs_color": [
    ],
    "period": 0.1,
    "cycles": 10
}

That will temporarily change the color and strobe for me.

There’s a dev requesting some logs in this issue if you would like to help solve the issue:

Were you able to find the file where the debug code goes? I assume it’s light.py for the lifx integration but even using scp I can’t find anything related to lifx. I feel like there are still areas of the OS file system that I haven’t found how to access just yet.

No I haven’t tried yet. It should be:

homeassistant/components/lifx/light.py