Light Transition not working?

I’m trying to use some simple light transitions, but they don’t seem to be working. Testing this with a light.turn_on Service call with the following data:

brightness_pct: 100
transition: 30
entity_id: light.derek_s_lamp

The light immediately goes to 100% without doing the transition. Seems to be the same for other lights too.

This particular light is a Hue bulb connected via the Hue integration and the light has supported_features: 41 which includes SUPPORTS_TRANSITION (32).

Any ideas why it’s not working as it should?

Thanks

3 Likes

Did you ever figure this out? I’ve been having this issue since the last update (2021.2) and can’t seem to figure it out. Z-wave, Zigbee, multiple different brand bulbs.

I experience the same issue.

With automations, scenes or scripts there is no transition time active.
when one of them is started everything goes directly to 100% brightness instead of fading in :frowning:

Same here, transitions don’t seem to work with turning my tasmota lights on or off. Disappointing, I was really excited for this feature.

1 Like

Got it working as follows on my hue lights (I’m using the hue bridge for indoor and Deconz for outdoor):

action:
    service: light.turn_on
    data:
      transition: 120
      brightness: 150
    target:
      entity_id: light.east

With IKEA FLOALT, I couldn’t get it working together with color_temp: 250, only with brightness, it worked.

I found a solution.

Turn on the lights with only 10% brightness, then ad a new step with the transition. Works like a charm.

Like this

- service: light.turn_on
    target:
      entity_id:
        - light.gang
        - light.stue_lys
        - light.kontor
        - light.sovevaereaese
    data:
      brightness_pct: 10
      rgb_color:
  - service: light.turn_on
    target:
      entity_id:
        - light.gang
        - light.stue_lys
        - light.kontor
        - light.sovevaereaese
    data:
      brightness_pct: 100
      transition: 179
      rgb_color:
6 Likes

Same problem tome. Does not work anymore in Node-RED, if there is only transition defined. However, it works if I add brightness like
{"transition":"60", "brightness_pct":"100"}

UPDATE: However, this does not work with scenes as scenes accept transition only.