Linear NGDZ00-4 Garage Door

I installed 4.10 without any issues. I was able to “heal node” a couple times and didn’t even have to remove/add the garage door again. Easy as pie. Think you meant @jeffh0821.

Yeah, I’m clean now. Specified the correct python_openzwave version for HA 0.80 (0.4.9) and was able to leverage the OZW flavor and eventually got my local repo picked up with he dev flavor.

All good for the moment - as long as nothing else change…

0.81.0 will require 4.10.

No such luck for me. 0x66 not supported :frowning:

EDIT: Once again, my deps/ dir was the culprit. I get snagged by it every time! Just had to del the contents, do a refresh and boom, all up and running!

Anyone else noticing this in the logs now on a restart? cover is working, just not sure why this is the only node that shows up for me like this on a restart ever since 0.81.x.

2018-10-28 12:00:29 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zwave] Z-Wave entity Linear GD00Z-4 Garage Door Opener Remote Controller Unknown (node_id: 73) not ready after 30 seconds, continuing anyway

EDIT: This seems to be an additional sensor that was picked up by HA. Possibly after the update to python_openzwave? Either way, the value that is showing after HA starts is 0.0. When I did a refresh entity, it shows in the OZW logs that its part of the command_class_meter. But messages get a TimeOut. I wonder if this is the tilt sensor? Opening or closing the door doesn’t change this value either.

OK, revisiting this since 0.81.0 is close to working (I think??) out of the box.

I created a new install of hassio on my RPI 3 B+ and moved my Z-Wave stick over. Then configured the same network key as before. After doing a “heal”, my existing devices showed up, and GD00Z-4 is showing up as a Garage Door Opener instead of as “Unknown” as in the past. I now have several sensors, but still can’t open/close the door:

• Linear GD00Z-4 Garage Door Opener Remote Controller Access Control
  • Linear GD00Z-4 Garage Door Opener Remote Controller Alarm Level
  • Linear GD00Z-4 Garage Door Opener Remote Controller Alarm Type
  • Linear GD00Z-4 Garage Door Opener Remote Controller Burglar
  • Linear GD00Z-4 Garage Door Opener Remote Controller SourceNodeId
  • Linear GD00Z-4 Garage Door Opener Remote Controller Sensor

But what I don’t have is any “cover” settings that I can find. Should I have a switch or a cover so that I can open/close the door? Do I have to manually create something to get a button to open/close the door?

Thanks all – it looks like this is finally getting close to working.

The installation that either you or Home Assistant performed of python_openzwave pulled in a flavor of the OpenZwave library that did not include the BarrierOperator and CommandClasses files. See this link:

1 Like

I probably need to update my repository. That could be causing some issues. Will let you know when it is done. Looking at pulling some updated climate control also.

UPDATE: I just updated my repository. :nerd_face:

Should be good for home assistant 81.1

1 Like

If you can’t get the cover to show up using heal network or any of the other options, you need to remove the node and re-add it. Make sure to add a secure node.

1 Like

@ptdalen,

I am going to start experimenting with different files in the dev branch. How did you figure out which files to use? Also, how did you download indivdual files from the dev branch? Do they stay updated when you sync?

Thanks in advance.

i can confirm a few heal nodes and the cover came back
Thanks @pdobrien3 for updating your repo too - been using that solidly for a while now!
(cant wait until cover is included - are OZW ever going to release 1.5 ?)

Happy to do my part. For some reason I don’t get notifications when this thread is updated unless I am tagged. Feel free to ping me if I need to update my repo. Still learning but I think I got that down :wink:

1 Like

Anyone else having issues with the cover not responding to commands now after 0.81.2 ?
@pdobrien3 @ptdalen @hawk259

All good here.

I am still running 0.76.1. Waiting for the new IOS app that supports the new auth.

Found out I had to toggle it open/close with the manual button, guess it didn’t like having the door up when I updated openzwave :sweat:

I was out of town for a week, got back today, updated and did not even have to do a heal. It’s working great.

My order was
Stop HA
Clone, and install new version of OWZ
Update HA
Start HA

In the logs my version is - 1.4.3257

I probably did it in a hackish way. I found the file I wanted, copied the raw text, and then editied the file in my fork and saved. The only file I’ve done that with was the usercode.cpp which seems to have fixed a bug with clearing usercodes for schlages.

also i noticed there isnt a:
cover.toggle

is there any desire for this to simplify scripts (from buttons)? didnt want to make a request if i’m the only one who thought it would be useful

How does one stay up to date with the versions needed? ie:
Ha = 0.81.4
Cython = 0.29
python_openzwave = 0.4.10

in HA 0.81.6 i it changed again :confused:

python_openzwave = 0.4.11