Linear NGDZ00-4 Garage Door

I am able to see the proper cover in HA now but openzwave changed the way it handles the door status:

<CommandClass id="102" name="COMMAND_CLASS_BARRIER_OPERATOR" version="1" issecured="true">
                            <Instance index="1" />
                            <Value type="list" genre="user" instance="1" index="1" label="Barrier State Label" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" vindex="0" size="$
                                    <Item label="Closed" value="0" />
                                    <Item label="Closing" value="1" />
                                    <Item label="Stopped" value="2" />
                                    <Item label="Opening" value="3" />
                                    <Item label="Opened" value="4" />
                                    <Item label="Unknown" value="5" />
                            </Value>

This causes it not to work in HA and this is as far as Iā€™ve be able to get so far.

Out of curiosity, since 0.46 and above are using their own OpenZwave files, is it possible to just replace a few config files to make this work?

Iā€™m not sure, I used information from this thread as well:

I actually just updated/added the files (4 in total) following Joshā€™s post and compiled/installed OZW again. Iā€™m still havenā€™t issues with HA not showing the cover control, but everything is working like it should under OZWCP.

Does your OZW_Log.txt say Openzwave 1.4xxxxxxxxxx or 1.5xxxxxx ?

It says 1.4xxxxxxxxxxx, but I only patched the files to the AIO release, I donā€™t assumed the version number would change.

1.5 is the Dev version that has Barrier support.

So is it possible to install the 1.5 dev version to get this working without a bunch of patches?

No it is not

Iā€™ve got my NGDZ00-4 working now with the dev version of openzwave lib now. For anyone interested hereā€™s the modified zwave.py file to allow it to work once youā€™ve compiled the dev version.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/firstof9/home-assistant/dev/homeassistant/components/cover/zwave.py

Place it in your /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/ directory.

@firstof9 I am assuming you have to add it securely for it to work, right?

Correct, you can do that from Home Assistantā€™s Zwave menu.

This works and currently only reports the door as ā€œOpenedā€ or ā€œClosedā€, I havenā€™t gotten around to modifying the code to show the fulls statuses reported by the library such as ā€œOpeningā€ and ā€œClosingā€.

1 Like

Can you tell me how to compile the dev version? I have only ever used the AIO installer and the Hassbian script when I moved over to it.

Thanks.

@gregg098

The easiest way is probably to run a pre-built docker with Openzwave patched already. Take a look at the post from Colin O Dell here: https://www.colinodell.com/blog/201705/compiling-openzwave-home-assistant-045-docker.

In a nutshell, install docker on your linux system. Copy your configuration.yaml, automation.yaml, etc to your /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant directory and then run the below:ā€™

docker run -d --name=ā€œhome-assistantā€ -v /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant:/config --restart=always -itd --privileged --device /dev/ttyACM0 -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --net=host colinodell/home-assistant-with-barrier

I posted a script a few posts above:

Should do the trick.

1 Like

Still no luck here. Had to change a few things to make it work with my Hassbian install, but no go.

What is your OZW_Log.txt showing on the first line?

And you made the modifications to the init.py file in /srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zwave and cleared the /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/deps/ directory as well?

First line shows

2017-07-09 14:09:13.460 Always, OpenZwave Version 1.4.2586 Starting Up

Yes, added the zwave.py file in the folder and cleared the deps directory. Not really a big deal at this point though. Will just wait for a stable z wave build with no modifications. Thanks for the help.

The dev version is very stable. Iā€™ll see about modifying the script to do everything that needs to be done to get it working.

Thank you very much for this! I as well are waiting for this. I can finally remove one of the many hubs that runs the house, Wink2 (I hate it) :slight_smile: