Livolo RF433 Switches

I use Livolos and RMPro in my apartment and it works for my purpose…
First of all, you do not need the livolos remotes to teach RM, because you can download a livolos remote from E-Control database (there is a search button on top right when adding a remote).
Then, you need to export from an Android phone or use two RM-Pro to get the code from each other…

All bad time using livolo+broadlink are results from the bad reception from livolos, wich are shown with livolos remote as well…
The main problem is the lack of feed-back to know if it is ON or OFF, once you don’t have a dedicated ON command to livolos… Someone got it working with scene commands acting as a dedicated ON, but I didn’t try it yet…

Thanks very much for the reply, I really don´t want to do anything very complicated, just turn on and off will be fine for me, and the feedback issue is not a really problem for me because I´ll mostly use when I´m home and my home is very small. When I´ve bought one of the livolo´s they came with the remote, but do you think it´s more relyable using the remote to learn the commands then send the commands to hass.io or is better to load the commands in the library? Another question I saw the thread about arduino and read that they had more success than with rm pro, I don´t really wanna enter on arduino since I´ve invested on rm pro an I´m not a programmer myself. There´s anything to improve the quality of the commands on rm pro or is it just lucky?

Livolo´s is one of my only possibilities snice here in Brasil we have a lot of gangs and mostly of my house is build in three ways and non neutral switches, so as far as I know I don´t have much options.

Hello everyone I´ve just installed python on windows 10 and tried to dump the codes from my remote to my computes so I can use it on hass, I followed this instructions e use the script : https://github.com/NightRang3r/Broadlink-e-control-db-dump

when I run the command I´m receiving this traceback:

C:\phytonscripts>python getBroadlinkSharedData.py
ID: 1 | Name: TV
ID: 2 | Name: User-Defined Aircon
ID: 5 | Name: TV NET
ID: 6 | Name: hdmi
ID: 7 | Name: TV
ID: 8 | Name: ar cond
ID: 9 | Name: Sort in order
ID: 10 | Name: Sort in order
ID: 11 | Name: RF Socket
ID: 12 | Name: TV
ID: 13 | Name: TV
ID: 14 | Name: Livolo
ID: 15 | Name: Xbox One
ID: 16 | Name: TV
ID: 17 | Name: porch lights
ID: 18 | Name: OSVETLITEV
ID: 19 | Name: Livolo
ID: 20 | Name: Livolo
ID: 21 | Name: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “getBroadlinkSharedData.py”, line 43, in
print “ID:”, jsonSubIrData[i][‘id’], “| Name:”, jsonSubIrData[i][‘name’]
File “C:\Python27\lib\encodings\cp850.py”, line 12, in encode
return codecs.charmap_encode(input,errors,encoding_map)
UnicodeEncodeError: ‘charmap’ codec can’t encode characters in position 0-3: character maps to

anyone could help me?

Hello there could you instruct us how to work with scens to have dedicated on?

Hi! By copy eg. scene1 and scene2 command from remote and learn only One switch following this Instruction from livolo:

I wrote a page that generate the livolo code base64

You just need to guess your remote id

http://www.tyjtyj.com/livolo.php

2 Likes

Oliver quick question, I´ve already upload a sketch on my arduino with the livolo library and works just fine, now I´d like to integrate with my hassio, but I don´t know where to start. Should I plug an transmitter in my rpi that is running hassio and use my sensor component to talk to my arduino that would send the commands to livolo? Is there other way? Sorry my lack of knowledge but there´s not much in internet about this and I´m reading a lot of thing and getting more confused.

Hi Aris…
Today I got a different method, using Broadlink RM-PRO to controll livolo switches. They are cheap and usefull for other thing as well, like controlling IR devices, and the best part, the setup is straightforward using tyjtyj website…

When using Arduino to controll livolo switches, I made it using mysensors… but not installing the RF hardware transmitter on the pi…

I was using a mysensors alone node, built with a Nano, RF24 radio and a 433 chinese Transmitter… talking to my mysensors gateway connected to the Rpi via USB or inside its pins…
That worked better than Broadlink about range and response %…but it uses another device powered via 5v phone adapter which works just for it.
If you already have mysensors nodes all over your house, you should use one of them to make the bridge…

Hi @oliverdog thks for quick reply I´m using right now broadlink for three lights that I have but two of them are working very poorly, since I had a spare arduino uno I tried the library and worked excelent, so I was looking into the thread and reading about mysensors and was thinking about changing into mysensor/appdaemon. I´m very noobie in everything, so what are the steps, should I plug the arduino with rf transmitter and receiver into the usb of my rpi running hassio and create a mysensor node?

Aftter this the best way is to use the appdaemon as described in the thread and a skecth similar to yours, and finnaly input booleans? Sorry for all the questions.

Hi oliver how is the response % using tyjtyj method? I went through his repository but there isn’t much explanation, how did you setup?

Tks veey much

Hi Aris… sorry the late reply, but I really do not recommend using the appdaemon way… That way was very complicated… I took 1 week to figure out… It worked, but that was not the problem… the problem was use TOGGLE instead of ON and OFF…

And now I got the tyjtyj method easier and very responsive… I get over 80% on the first command… but it is Broadlink Device dependent… I have two RM-PRO and one works over 80% and the other works less than 60% working in the same place…

But now I learned how to make ON and OFF dedicated commands, so I can send four times the same command from tyjtyj and get 100% response…
You need to use scenes to make the dedicated ON command…
And that is the right direction!!!

Hi All,

I stopped using livolo(migrated all to xiaomi aqara switch). I am not able to do further testing.
The page will remain there unless the host decide to shut it down. Do let me know if that happen. I can move it somewhere.

perfect, Works 100%, thanks

Hi Friends,
Hope this post is still active and relevant.
@oliverdog
I noticed that you have a lot of experience with these Livolo Switch + RM Pro method.

I was glad to find the solution for the issue of “Always ON command” by using the scene’s from DB\Remotes.

But I have not solved one problem yet :
All of my Livolo Switches are 2-Way (1\2\3 Gangs)

And i found that if i teach one of the gangs a scene command (always on for example) , when i try to teach the second gang another (different) scene command , the first scene deleted.
In conclusion , the switch (1\2\3 gangs) can hold only 1 scene command.

Is there a way to overcome this?

I did not have such a problem. You just need to use the relevant button to make the switch enter the learning mode. The gang that was already taught did not forget its lesson in my case.

Hi @Barak.

Unfortunately you need to choose between 2way or muiti scenes!!!

Or you can leave RM-PRO and build a RF433 transmitter (I built a mysensors node) which has 99% of response on livolo switches, and you can program your scenes with multiple commands on a script inside HASS.

I am not satisfied with livolo switches, once they don´t inform status and fails a lot when receiving commands.

I will use either Sonoff switches or 2channels 433 mhz Receiving Modules with common switches on my new house.

Hi Oliver,
i choose the Livolo switches only because they was the only switched that supported the 2-way function (the time i bought them).

It makes me feel a bit complicated to make the second approach you wrote (even though I’m a programmer). Do you have a simple guide that can explain a little bit about how I do it?

Thanks for the quick answer !

Here is where I got the code for control livolo using mysensors node:

https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/4948/multi-rf433-switches-node/8

If you have already a mysensors gateway configured with your HASS setup it would be the fast and cheap way… If you are familiar with mysensors of course.
You could use a mqtt + wifi node as well.

But you should consider changing livolos to sonoff, and you can setup 2-3-4-5-6 ways inside HASS once you will have status report…just create an automation trigged by status from one switch and acting over another switch…

About the other idea that I am thinking on my new house, here in Brazil there is a developer selling this:

Take a look at picture showing the circuit example…
I have one installed on my kitchen and controlled by RM-PRO with 100% of accuracy with different ON and OFF commands…

I have a question about the Livolo two way switches.

Do they receive separate On and Off commands from the remote, and detect whether to toggle depending on the current state of the light?

Or do they just receive a single command, and toggle the light regardless of its current state?

all livolos (1 or 2 way) have just OFF and TOGGLE, but the OFF command send OFF to ALL gangs of that switch.
You can teach different remote commands to the same switch, so you get a dedicated OFF to each gang…
And you can use SCENE buttons (there is a remote control with scene buttons) to create a dedicated ON on 1-way switches…