Login attempt failed

I’m still battling constant login attempt failed messages in my HASS setup from various IPs on my network. Is there a way to mute these? I’m assuming it’s because I have an external URL setup in the mobile app for Nabucasa but I don’t have Nabu enabled unless I leave outside of my homezone. If it’s not that, I have no idea what the issue could be. That all being said - I don’t have my install exposed to the outside world (besides nabu) so I would be fine with turning these off as a whole if that’s what it takes.

Any help would be VERY much appreciated as I hate playing whackamole with these notifications.

1 Like

I too keep getting this message from my router and occasionally get locked out.
I can’t tell if it’s legitimate people trying to brute force or if it’s something legit but erroneous…

Mine is not from bad actors - the IPs match my phones or computers.

Any solutions?

Hi Matt,

I was getting login attempt failed from my main workstation. As it has a static IP then under auth providers I added the following.

- type: trusted_networks
      trusted_networks:

That being the IP of the affected node. In my case it was just when accessing the live feed of cameras. As long as the IP is either static or reserved for that device through DHCP then it should solve the authentication issues.

Hope that helps?

Unfortunately that doesn’t solve it in my case as I have this in my config:
homeassistant:

auth_providers:
    - type: trusted_networks
      trusted_networks:
        - 192.168.1.0/24
        - fe00::/8

I see, however I do tend to be more specific.
But please try just adding the IP of your phone. Once that is ruled out I will help you sift through the rest.

I just have a specific method of narrowing down the variables when troubleshooting.

This seems to be a longstanding, ongoing issue - people have been trying to resolve it for a couple of years. I don’t think the devices involved are significant (in my case it’s the wireless tag hub) and changes to configuration.yaml don’t help.

On the other hand, it doesn’t seem to do any harm either. It’s a feature. :roll_eyes:

Damn, that’s unfortunate as I’m starting to tune out the notifications now which might as well render that function useless for me. Have any devs posted on this topic before?

Do a search for “Login attempt failed” and you’ll find twenty-odd threads.

1 Like