Lovelace: Alarm card

This thread is for the custom alarm card posted by the op. Hence peoples advice is assuming your using the custom panel. The default alarm card has no such option.

1 Like

Is there (or could there be) an option to hide the input line for the code? Since my iphone is locked, there’s no need to have either a keypad or a line to enter code at all. Thanks

I’ve done just that. Give my version a try and add the option auto_hide:true

Seems that this great card is not working 100% after latest upgrade. The buttons now looks strange. Or actually, there are no buttons any more.

1 Like

Yes and it should be an easy fix. I’ll do it later today if no-one beats me to it. Hopefully “similar” doesn’t change to much.

Note for Lovelace custom card developers: if you relied on the availability of <paper-button> in your code, you will have to update it to <mwc-button> to get a similar component.

Here’s a fixed version for HA 0.88

Here’s another updated version. I’ve changed the icon to a label-icon which matches the new style in HA. It doesn’t show the label when disarmed or triggered due to limited text space.

Hi, thanks for sharing your project.
I’d like to ask you some questions

-Where i can write - show_keypad: false
in configuration.yaml? But he don’t Work

Can you help me configure my keyad? I have configured everything and I see the keyboard. How do I connect a button so that when I type the code, I turn on a light connected to a specific button?

This is to enable and disable an alarm. You could turn lights on and off based on the alarm state.

The entry you’re looking for is hide_keypad: true

No the hide_keypad option is part of this plugin which goes inside your Lovelace configuration.

What you’re asking is not in direct reference to this plugin and I believe you will get the best support by making a new post.

It is compatible with an alarm in particular or I can control a simple button protected by code

I’ve been using the built-in alarm panel, and just incorporated this one today. The panel shows up, but there is no keypad. Any help would be great. Also, note how the buttons sit at the bottom of the panel, with no white space.

alarmpanel

entity: alarm_control_panel.house
hide_keypad: false
labels:
  state.alarm_control_panel.arm_away: Away!!
  ui.card.alarm_control_panel.code: Hello there
states:
  - arm_home
  - arm_away
style: '--alarm-color-disarmed: var(--label-badge-blue);'
title: Home Alarm
type: 'custom:alarm_control_panel-card'

Hi,

I can only assume the keypad isn’t appearing as you don’t have a code defined in your configuration?

Nice catch regarding the white space. I did wonder what the extra padding was for in the code. Fixing that will be easy.

Love this, working great but experiencing the same issue regarding the missing whitespace as I don’t use a keypad. Only a minor complaint.

I’ve just posted a fixed version to GitHub. It adds the padding if the keypad is hidden or no code is defined.

1 Like

Hi,
I’ve problem with font color, I use dark theme with white color for fonts. I can’t overwrite the font color on the alarm tab
Sn%C3%ADmek%20obrazovky%20po%C5%99%C3%ADzen%C3%BD%202019-02-25%2020-04-11
Any ideas, how to do it?

Many thanks.

Doesn’t seem to work with Envisalink:

Also is there a link for custom-updater?

At the moment I’m only looking at fixing breaking issues as OP doesn’t seem to be around. I’ve only fixed cosmetic issues since the upgrades to 0.87 and 0.88 had some breaking changes.

Doesn’t seem to have made any difference to me but it’s not the end of the world really. Thanks anyway!

Make sure you ctrl+F5 or increase the version number after the import statement.

e.g.

- type: js
url: /local/alarm_control_panel-card.js?v=0.3.7

1 Like