I am trying to get the Lovelace cast integration set up. Just to set the stage, here are a few assumptions:
- My instance is publicly available (with https)
- My Google Assistant integration is working as expected
- My iOS app is working as expected (over LTE, not local wifi)
- I have the LinuxServer letsencrypt nginx proxy sitting in front of HA using their default configs.
I am unable to get the Lovelace cast integration to work properly:
- Locally using the
cast.show_lovelace_viewservice: Nothing happens on the display (other Media services work, like TTS)
- Externally using https://cast.home-assistant.io: I get a “unable to connect to the home assistant websocket api” error
Unsure if these 2 issues are related, however one thing I have noticed, when initiating from the https://cast.home-assistant.io URL, I see no activity on my proxy. Whereas from my app or web interface, nginx logs are very busy.