Lovelace: Mini Media Player

Okay, interesting!
I’ve no Sonos myself so I’m not able to test the Sonos specific features very well unfortunately.

Next time you have this bug (or if it’s present all the time), please send me the attributes of both Sonos entities.
You can find the attributes by opening the sidebar and pressing the < > icon at the bottom, or navigate to /dev-state

The errors you posted are most likely related to this bug.

Thanks!

Attributes from the master player:

shuffle: false
sonos_group: media_player.schlafzimmer
supported_features: 64063
media_content_type: music
volume_level: 0.2
source_list: B5 aktuell,ego FM,PULS,Superfly FM
friendly_name: Schlafzimmer
entity_picture: /api/media_player_proxy/media_player.schlafzimmer?token=fc9a990b7b815d96a423b762c3a5bf45a832357d25dea9c3d8457330f3da75a5&cache=bef7ea045c969302
source: Superfly FM
is_volume_muted: false
media_title: Superfly FM
media_artist:

Attributes from the second player:

shuffle: false
sonos_group: media_player.bad
supported_features: 64063
media_content_type: music
volume_level: 0.13
source_list: B5 aktuell,ego FM,PULS,Superfly FM
friendly_name: Bad
entity_picture: /api/media_player_proxy/media_player.bad?token=61c77b9d8b325ae63561a9c872b5b881defa4cb412b030cdab9b1050b62f7252&cache=078729dbdf6a88fe
source: Superfly FM
is_volume_muted: false
media_title: Superfly FM
media_artist:

when ever I can help to test please let me know

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll see if I can find the bug, I’ll let you know when/if I need help testing, thanks a lot!

BTW, I did open an issue#72 on github for tracking this.

great. thank you

I’m very happy with the volume_stateless option, which I just noticed.
Is is perhaps possible to make the volume steps configurable? I see a single step is now a 10%
volume increase/decrease.

I just discovered the mini-media-player and well… well done. Now for us amateurs that use Amazon stuff (firesticks and echos), is there a way to get an “idle_view” for our devices that don’t go “idle” but go “standby”? Or is there a way and I’m just oblivious to it.

Unfortunately no, the media_player.volume_up service has no such options, “step count” is handled on a component basis.
We discussed it a lot here: Request: configurable volume up/down buttons · Issue #10 · kalkih/mini-media-player · GitHub
And I believe @gerard33 even got the devs to change the step count in the sonos component to 0.02.

Thanks, I’m not familiar with amazon devices, do they report the state standby instead of idle when they become idle/standby?

Yes they do, the exact syntax (I will copy-n-paste) is: Standby

Perfect, just checked the source, should an an easy addition.
I opened an issue on github where you can track the progress.

A true gentleman and scholar…

1 Like

Is it possible to change the color of the power button when it is on and off?
Mine just stay “black”?

Yes, see config below.

# Power button accent-color when device is powered on
- type: custom:mini-media-player
  entity: media_player.example
  hide:
    power_state: false

hyperion_8123_lovelace_3

Arh yes - I saw that in the documentation, but I was unsure what it really did.

Thanks will give it a shot.

I tried adding the example, but the color remains? What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Rebooted Hassio and now it works! Thanks

1 Like

Hi again,

Have anyone else experienced that the Playlist buttons are missing after the latest Hassio 0.87.0 update?

I just tried on Home Assistant 0.87.0 and they work fine here.
Did you update your card configurations since updating to v1.0.0 of the card? v1.0.0 came with some breaking changes.

See Card with media shortcuts example

I don’t know what’s happening with my system today :thinking:
3rd reboot and the buttons were back.
I do run the latest one as weel :smile:.

Once again, thanks!

Edit: I was too fast. It seems to only be showing when using ariela app on my android device.
As soon as I launch my Chrome Browser (ikognito) the buttons are gone.

Once again the whole host has been restated and running latest card 1.0.0 updated through custom_updater

1 Like

I love this but for some reason when I play a movie via kodi, it shows s1 e1 as if it was a tv programme. Am I missing something please?

Also I cannot remove the power button. I have installed the latest version

entity: media_player.kodi
power: false
info: true
show_progress: true
artwork: true
source: true
type: 'custom:mini-media-player'

The only reason it would show season and episode would be if the Kodi entity has those attributes set, which is strange if it’s a movie.

Some of the options/parameters you got in your config are invalid, check the readme for available options.

#hide power button example
  hide:
    power: true

Thanks. Yeah I am still playing with options. The main player with Lovelace doesn’t have the S1 S2 displayed from the same source