Lovelace: Simple thermostat card

Unfortunately it is just the presets your device supports. You could create scenes for your other needs and use Lovelace to add buttons to activate them

1 Like

I was meaning exactly the opposite. Is your card able to change the behaviour of the tado mobile app?
Why, in the morning, the thermostat doesn’t turn to auto mode as declares the app configuration? Why before installing your card it was working? My doubt is that the card doesn’t allow the app to turn on the auto mode.

Thats what I meant: The card can’t affect the tado device (obviously outside of you interacting with the controls manually)

Ok, i’ll check what can be wrong on my side…

hey @nervetattoo

I have been using this card with a lot of pleasure. But is there any way i can hide the operation and presets?

Figured it out, added:

control:
_headings: false
include: false

2 Likes

Is it possible to change the color of the icons based on the state?

I need help…
My config simple thermostat:

name: Sypialnia
step_size: 0.5
type: 'custom:simple-thermostat'
icon:
  heat: 'mdi:radiator'
  idle: 'mdi:radiator-disabled'
  'off': 'mdi:power'

And when thermostat is in state HEAT icon is not show. In OFF and IDLE whow ok.

Also is any chance to chage string TEMPERATURE and STATE to own custom ?

And how i can setup image for background in this card ?

Did you ever figure this out? I’d like to hide the ‘cool_setpoint’ as well. I also am using the ISY-994i-ZW
Thermostat is a CT100

I can confirm that this configuration does not hide the cool_setpoint

- type: 'custom:simple-thermostat'
        entity: climate.thermostat_s_br_2
        decimals: 0
        step_size: 1
        control:
          hvac:
            cool:
            heat:   
              include: true
            'off':
              include: true
            heat_cool:
            auto:
            fan_only:
          cool_setpoint:

Unfortunately there is no way to hide it. The card detects if there are two setpoints for the thermostat and if so it will show them both. Its not a lot of work to add support for overriding that detection, simply stating to only use target_temp_high for example. I’m happy to review a PR for it as I don’t have time to look into it any time soon myself

I think I have an ugly fix, by managing Raymond comment’s

I do not have any javascript experience, but I was able to slightly change the code to force a single setting value. This is in no way a solution, but a workaround that will work until the next card upgrade, if any.

I also change the label “Temperature:” displaying the current temperature, with the word “Current:”

My lack of experience do not allow me to create a PR with a setting to specify which display we want, high or low, but in the meantime at least I have a fix.

LTGCC, if you want my code, please send me a private email, I do not want to pollute the list with a temporary workaround

Thanks Raymond, very satisfied with what you done. Great job.

Can some bright person translate the card-modder tweaking as per the simple-thermostat card into the new car-mod? I have tried but failed miserably.

type: ‘custom:card-modder’
style:
–st-font-size-xl: 24px
–st-font-size-m: 20px
–st-font-size-title: 20px
–st-font-size-sensors: 30px
–st-spacing: 2px
card:
type: ‘custom:simple-thermostat’

Any idea why I’m getting this when I have the plugin installed from the HACS store?

Are u adding the lines to Resources?

Yes, this:

- type: module
  url: /community_plugin/simple-thermostat/simple-thermostat.js
  - url: /community_plugin/simple-thermostat/simple-thermostat.js
    type: module

Got my syntax right now and it does show:

How can I remove the Preset row at the bottom?

@sd_dracula

1 Like

That actually get’s rid of the Operation row also which is not what I want, just the Presets one

Feel free to share the code with me in a private message here if that suits you better :slight_smile: