Lovelace: Dark Thermostat (BETA)

Yes, you can (set the target_sensor in the generic thermostat definition to your actual pool temperature sensor), although, without the additional controls the thermostat offers, it would be an inefficient use of real-estate.

You could use Lovelace sensor card instead and have also the state history in the same place.

Great, thank you. I will try both

Thanks for the heads up. I was running an old version of HA and once I upgraded it worked. Not going to start looking into why it’s fixed but cheers for the support anywho!

I really like the thermostat! Very very useful!

I made a copy of the folder to change some settings, so I have two different thermostats (one with a fixed size).

Question, the one that I copied over and changed to have a fixed size align on the left (see screenshot). Is it possible to have it in the center?

is this project still alive?

2 Likes

I would prefer this to the default lovelace thermostat but it isn’t quite working for me. Is this still an active project?

I don’t think this project is still maintained since last updates are from last year, however they seem to work fine for me (HA 0.91.3).

Hi all,

After installed this Thermostat card, my Thermostat default colour is Blue.

How could I do to change from Blue to Black colour and vice versa?

Thanks.

Did you setup hvac in your config? Blue means cool, orange/red means heat. If you remove the hvac in your config it will turn black or grey depending on state.

1 Like

Nope, I did not set any hvac in my config.

My config:

type: ‘custom:thermostat-card’
title: Acson
entity: climate.acson_2
step: 1

Ok then try adding the hvac, but with states that don’t exist. They should override the default and as it doesn’t exist there shouldn’t be any color.

Anyone got the hvac settings to work with an ecobee3?

Can anybody tell me how to use this thermostat :slight_smile:
I mean how to turn on and off? Tried clicking, double clicking, long clicking)))
All I can do it’s just change the target temperature.
Thanks!

1 Like

You will need a separate button for this. Here is how I have done it:

Yes, that what i was thinking.
Can you tell what are those buttons? a binary switch with automation or something else?

I am not entirely sure if I used a conditional card or an input boolean. Both can achieve the same thing (will check this later).

For the config I use the custom button card, but you could use a core entity card as well. Just set them up to call a service on tap. I believe it is something like climate.set_operation_mode (or something like that, you can find it in your service menu under the dev tools). Then just use set operation mode to “heat” or “off”

I use a state-switch (or conditional card) to show another button (this is needed as service-calls are not switches so it doesn’t know that it should switch “on” or “off” on the button). Though there are many different ways to achieve this, with templates, with automations and/or input_booleans.

For the way I did it you can check my config here:

As I was thinking - boolean switch and 2 automations for it state changing. It’s ok as a workaround but I will wait for something more mature…

@ciotlosm Great card although I would like to see Do you plan on adding this card to HACS in the future?

1 Like

I would love to see this added to HACS as well.

@ciotlosm ?

This card hasn’t been updated in over a year. You can however add it to HACS yourself.
The official repo might not work as the working directory isn’t the repo’s root.

If you can not import this to HACS you can use my repo instead (it is the exact same card but it can be imported in HACS)

I hope this will help you!