Lovelace: Upcoming Media Card

I checked and yes, there is a show coming up that’s all new and banner is missing in sonarr. So you have most likely already nailed the issue.

Updates!

Updated both components:
Sonarr

• Exception if images fail
  • Fallback image if they do

Radarr

• Optimization
  • Fallback images
Radarr component still needs a bit of work, but out of sync issues should be mostly under control. In my tests I only got one at startup. Still getting the error that the component takes too long at startup as well. Working on it, but getting there.

Sonarr works fine!

Getting this exception for radarr.

Log Details (ERROR)
Fri Sep 07 2018 21:37:12 GMT+0200 (centraleuropeisk sommartid)

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 243, in async_update_ha_state
device_attr = self.device_state_attributes
File “/config/custom_components/sensor/radarr_upcoming_media.py”, line 109, in device_state_attributes
attributes[‘airdate{}’.format(str(self.attribNum))] = movie[‘physicalRelease’]
KeyError: ‘physicalRelease’

Quick update and a fix from @JBassett. Huge thanks to him.
See if it helps. Seems as if out of sync and startup issues are gone.

I’ve noticed that it takes a moment after startup for the card to populate, but it’s a small price to pay. Things can still get out of order for radarr the moment, but working on the fix.

Hi, got this exception now for radarr.

Log Details (ERROR)
Fri Sep 07 2018 22:33:11 GMT+0200 (centraleuropeisk sommartid)

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 243, in async_update_ha_state
device_attr = self.device_state_attributes
File “/config/custom_components/sensor/radarr_upcoming_media.py”, line 103, in device_state_attributes
elif movie[‘physicalRelease’] > datetime.now().replace(microsecond=0).isoformat()+‘Z’:
KeyError: ‘physicalRelease’

Strange, it’s acting as if there is a movie in your radarr that has neither a “physical release” date nor an “in cinemas” date.

Would you mind PMing me a list of your upcoming movies or even better a look at your calendar API?

You get your API like this for example in your browser:

http://192.168.1.2:7878/api/calendar?apikey={YOUR_API_KEY)&start=2018-09-07&end=2018-12-30

Thanks for all the help @mayker Sonarr and radarr working perfectly now!

Mary Queen of Scots is back…
All my Radarr is in reverse chronological order too BTW - latest releases to earliest… No biggie. And the sync error is GONE!

Thanks again.

@DavidFW1960 You got timing!

Quick Radarr Update:

Movies correctly sorted by date

That is all.

You’ve knocked it outa da park now!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Going to concentrate on making the card a bit easier for other services to use and finally put text size customization in. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Great job.

Can not see banners yet?

Still does not work for me. I get this now

2018-09-08 09:22:05 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] radarr_upcoming_media: Error on device update!
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 251, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 353, in async_device_update
    yield from self.hass.async_add_job(self.update)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/sensor/radarr_upcoming_media.py", line 158, in update
    movie['poster_path'] = 'https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w500{}'.format(tmdbjson['poster_path'])
KeyError: 'poster_path'

There is quite alot of space in posterview for movies. Film studio is interesting, would a key/switch for radarr card showing film studio be a possibility for poster view?

@jOOc Seems I missed yet another exception. Will be fixed later on today.

@M203 Working on having the extra info for movies be the physical release date if it’s a theater release and vice versa to fill it out a bit. Would you be more interested in having film studio or other info instead?

@Abeksis No banners yet. Banners are made by the community and not the studio and I have not found a reliable source for them. Meaning that some places that do have banners only have them for around 50% of releases.

I think what you are suggesting is valid. I think film studio should be an option as well. More is more :slight_smile:

Thinking about it, episode and movie descriptions might be a nice option and really fill the space.

Updates

Upcoming Media Card:

• Added extra info attribute, shows IMDb rating and studio name. Can show/hide and change color

Radarr:

• Added the new extra attribute to sensor
  • Keyerror fix for poster_path @jOOc

Sonarr:

• Added the new extra attribute to sensor

I can’t see how to add new attributes to sensors? and the upcoming extra attributes?