Lovelace: Upcoming Media Card

Dont need to add anything, should be available after restart. It’s on by default. Might need to do a full browser refresh on Lovelace.

that did it. Thanks.

Really nice, switched to poster for sonarr as well due to this additon!

Great work.

1 Like

More errors coming up:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 251, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 353, in async_device_update
    yield from self.hass.async_add_job(self.update)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/sensor/radarr_upcoming_media.py", line 177, in update
    movie['images'][0] = 'https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w500{}'.format(tmdbjson['poster_path'])
KeyError: 'poster_path'

2018-09-11 17:03:25 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201809030] http://192.168.1.32:8123/local/upcoming-media-card.js?v=0.1.6:34:43 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of undefined

Updates

Upcoming Media Card

• Added fanart view (this may be a better option for those missing movie banner view) @Abeksis

Radarr

• Added fanart attribute for fanart view
  • Another attempt to fix poster_path KeyError @jOOc

Sonarr

• Added fanart attribute for fanart view

Just as a bit of a warning, while currently working on text sizing I realized that with the text size option and a few other planned config options, I’m going to need to simplify how the card is configured. This means that with the next update you will most likely need to change your configuration and for that I apologize. This is necessary not only to make configuration more understandable and simple, but to also help with the implementation of new features and components.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your hard work. But unfortunately I do not work for me :frowning:

I’m suggesting that you use fanart as an alternative. There is still no banner view for movies. The screenshot shows me you are trying to use banner view.

To use fanart, put this in your config:

image_style: fanart

now it works :slight_smile:

Thanks for the hard work

Can you please share your ui-loveace code?

Which belongs to movies? With you it is beautifully presented

It is the default styling:

- type: custom:upcoming-media-card
    title: Upcoming Media
    service: radarr

There are different colors for this intention

1 Like

I think i see what you mean. I’ve made a mistake in the default style. Will be fixed in next release.

Try this:

- type: custom:upcoming-media-card
    title: Upcoming Media
    service: radarr
    title_color: '#fff'
    extra_color: '#fff'

Quickly updated to fix the default styling of banners and fanart. Thanks @Abeksis!
You can also now change the background color of fanart view with ribbon_color in config as well.

Thank you very much, very appreciative

2018-09-13 13:57:50 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.201809120] https://xxxxxxxx.duckdns.org:30443/local/custom-lovelace/upcoming-media-card/upcoming-media-card.js?v=0.1.8:1:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Identifier ‘UpcomingMediaCard’ has already been declared

restarted again and radarr card was blank. refreshed a few times and ok (I think it was taking time searching for fanart?) but Mary Queen of Scots has gone missing again…

(Error only came up first time)

Happens when lovelace card has been updated occasionally.

Card takes a bit to populate the first time after restart.

No Idea. Will look into it, but as you can see in the fanart screenshot above that movie appears for me.

Well it was appearing for me today as well before I updated to the latest card just now…

ahem… and now I see all 3 are updated again just now… you’re killing me here dude lol!!

Minor updates, don’t fix anything but my sanity

hahaha… just restarted after updating/loading and Mary is still AWOL.

Did a full restart myself and she’s still there for me. If I had to guess I would say that there’s info missing from either radarr’s api or tmdb’s. When that happens for important info like title or one of the required images it is skipped so it doesn’t break the card. I imagine she’ll appear again when the info is grabbed successfully, but I’ll look into it.